dear father,

he is here, in camelot. he was spotted last night and then fled.

but fear not, father. as i shall avenge mother soon enough.

princess isabella
of devlin and camelot.

she sent the letter off with a determined look on her face, before going down to the dungeons. "i'm here to speak with the prisoner." she told the guard who eyed her.

"the king has ordered no one to see him." he replied as she scoffed, pulling the hood on her cloak off her head as his eyes widened. "your grace," he bowed.

"i am to speak with the prisoner." she repeated as the guard nodded, and unlocked the cell door for her to walk into.

tom widened his eyes as he looked up at the princess, bowing deeply as she stared at him. "do you know tauren?"

"no." he immediately replied, getting to his knees, as if he was begging. "i am telling the truth. i meant no harm." he whispered as she stared down at him, unsure of what to believe.

"do you know who the man is?" she asked, walking around the cell slowly in thought. he shook his head.

"the king told me he was a known enemy. i knew nothing more. he was paying me in gold to make weapons, i just wanted to provide for gwen." he spoke, tears filling his eyes.

"i'm giving you one last chance, just so we are perfectly clear." she began lowly as he stared at her with wide eyes, watching as she took a step towards him.

"did you, or did you not, know tauren and know of who he was?" she asked calmly as he shook his head frantically.

"no, i didn't. i swear to you."

she stared at him for a few moments, before nodding. "the man killed my mother. that is why i questioned you...tom, if you promise me you truly did not know who he was, i will do my best to save your life. but if you have lied, i will disregard my friendship with gwen and i will kill you myself."

his eyes widened in fear as he nodded his head. she smiled, "good. now, i'm off to save your life." she smiled, watching as he bowed his head once more and watched as she left.

"bella." gwen smiled, curtsying as isabella smiled.

"gwen," she held her hands."let gwen see the prisoner for as long as she pleases. if there is an issue, you can send for me." she told the guards who nodded, letting gwen inside as the smaller girl thanked her.

ISABELLA HAD spent what felt like hours in the throne room, arguing with the king to try and help tom. but the king would not change his mind. uther only sees enemies, as soon as a sorcerer is involved he no longer listens.

isabella truly believed the blacksmith when he said he didn't know who tauren was, but uther wouldn't hear her out. there was no hope from gwen's father, none at all.

over in the courtyard, merlin was in disbelief that a few men were to be executed because they helped tauren by giving him a place to stay. "they have committed a very serious crime." arthur told him.