Chapter 18 - Water Sports and Bus Rides

The weekend has passed and Momo and Lucifer had managed to figure out a small bit of the strange Grail Book that Lucifer had been mailed just a few days ago. It didn't explain much, only revealed a very poorly drawn map with no ending.

But with the School week arriving, Lucifer's parents back home, to much fanfare from him and Momo, the book was put on hold to focus on their studies. However, today was more of an Endurance Training Session rather than studies.

Mineta: Where are they?! Where are they?!

Mineta shot out of the changing room like a rocket, only to have his face fall into a grimace. Lucifer and Iida gave good chuckles as Mineta began to rant about how it was "unfair" that the girls were in formal wetsuits and not regular swimwear like the boys.

Lucifer: You do realize that the wetsuits are just as reliable as "normal swim trunks or bikinis". If anything I give the girls kudos for thinking ahead and bringing something not as showing.

Hakagure: We chose them specifically to keep Mineta off us!

She chimes cheerfully, leading Mineta to groan out loud at his unfortunate disposition. Before Lucifer could set his satchel and bag down, Kirishima quickly appeared in front of him.

Kirishima: Lucifer Avos! I challenge you to a water race! Whoever swims across first wins!

Lucifer: A race? Sure, you're on! In fact, I'll do you one better, why don't we all race!

Momo: Oh! I'll officiate the race!

Ojiro: Can we use quirks for this?

Iida: Well were at school, so I don't see why not.

Ojiro: Sweet!

Iida gave a broad thumbs up and so the race was set. Lucifer, Kaminari, Mineta, Kirishima, Ojiro, Iida and Midoriya stood at the edge of the pool, ready to go.

Momo: On your mark! Get set! Go!

Everyone dives into the pool and starts off. Lucifer quickly puts his feet against the wall of the pool, quirks were allowed so he figured extending could help.

He shot forward, with much resistance as the water piled against him. He suddenly burst up finding himself at the other end of pool. He had cut it pretty close as Iida and Ojiro were right behind him.

Iida: Goodness, using those quirks to your advantage. Quick thinking Lucifer.

Kaminari: How did you get over there so fast??

Lucifer: I just planted my feet and extended. Surprised it worked as well as it did, never tried it underwater before.

Soon another group was up, as everyone was using quirks both Kaminari and Mineta felt the need to comment on the usage. First they thought Bakugo's usage was unfair as he never really touched the water. Second they said the same with Todoroki who just froze the water he had to stand on. Lastly they found Iida's unfair as he was just skimming across the water with his quirk.

Lucifer: You know, if you two worked more and chattered less, this school and your studies would be a sweeter, a better and a happier place.

Lucifer quipped leading to some stifled laughs from the girls and some loud reactions from the boys.

Kaminari: Hey, I try! At least I think I do...

Mineta: Oh, what's it too you?! You have the life I want! Being adored by everyone! Getting all the women's attention!

Mineta whined giving Lucifer a shove. This sent Lucifer stumbling to the edge of the pool, sending him head over foot into the pool! Mina and Hakagure began to laugh loudly as did some of the boys. Lucifer quickly popped up, a look of evil on his face.