Sixteen

"-Christmas? Maybe not, but around Christmas. I'd love to have my students there, some will meet you at the wedding shower, but the others can meet you at the wedding. What do you think?"

Bliss rambled while clinging onto Connor's arm.

Her eyes sparkled as she went on about their wedding plans.

He listened feeling settled with gratitude.

His fiancée was excited to move forward and marry him.

He couldn't see himself getting over that.

"I think it sounds good." He rested his head on her shoulder and kissed her lovely cheek. "Do you have a place in mind?"

Bliss blushed and pinched his cheek. "Yes and no. I was thinking maybe we could try and do the park. It's beautiful and we could even use the swan boats for the guests. It's only no because I don't think we can get married there so soon," She was buzzing.

She was planning her wedding.

Something she never gave much thought to, but since meeting Connor, it became a relevant thought.

"It never hurts to ask, lovely."

Bliss hummed.

He was right.

However, the first place she thought to be married in was a place that didn't exist anymore.

Her studio held the sweetest memories, and though it would've been a little strange to be married there, it would've been perfect.

Thinking about it made her heart heavy.

There was nothing she could do to make it better.

The park was a nice idea.

"But it's not my studio," She murmured brokenly unintentionally.

Connor lifted her chin and sighed at her tears. "Your studio?"

She nodded and shoved her face into his chest.

He wrapped his arm around her and rubbed her back.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

She shrugged as her tears stained his shirt.

She didn't know what she wanted.

She only wanted her studio back.

Moving forward meant that she trusted God to handle it. Only, she wasn't sure if she could do it without tears and heartache.

Just when it seemed like she was overcoming, a memory came and ruined her progress.

"I-i just hate that I don't know what's gonna happen," She admitted after pulling away from him slightly.

"With your studio?"

She nodded and took a deep breath to suck in her tears.

She hated to cry and mess up their happy time.

Connor wanted to make everything right for her.

"Do you trust that God is good to you? That He wouldn't ask you to let go without purpose?"

Bliss nodded without thinking.

She knew His heart.

They'd been through everything together and God's character hadn't changed. He was perfectly faithful.

"I just don't know what He wants me to do," She whispered, feeling defeated.

Her studio was her life.