4 - A new life

One year had passed since Reana had entered Sinbad and Esra's lives. What began as a chance encounter on a fateful day had transformed into a bond that surpassed mere friendship. Having chosen to stay with them in Tison village, Reana had found solace and purpose alongside the two of them. She had become an integral part of their small family.

With her past still shrouded in mystery, Reana had embraced the opportunity to create a new life for herself. Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months, as she dedicated herself to helping Sinbad and his ailing mother.

From the moment Sinbad introduced her to the tavern in Constantia Harbor, Reana had discovered a newfound passion for work. The establishment, run by a benevolent owner who owed Sinbad a favor, had become her second home. Within its bustling walls, Reana found herself donning an apron and diving headfirst into the realm of hospitality.

Her days were filled with a delightful whirlwind of activity. From sunrise to sunset, Reana's nimble fingers danced across tables, meticulously arranging cutlery and ensuring the tavern was immaculate. Her dedication and gentle nature quickly won over the patrons, who couldn't help but appreciate her genuine warmth and kindness.

After her shifts at the tavern, Sinbad would always be there to pick her up. It had become their daily routine—a time of shared moments, laughter, and gentle conversations. As they walked home together, Reana would recount her day at work, the interesting characters she had encountered, and the new stories of adventures she heard while working. Sinbad would listen attentively, hanging onto her every word, his eyes sparkling with genuine admiration and pride.

The connection Reana formed with Sinbad and Esra that held great significance to her. They had become her family, embracing her as if she had always belonged. Their unwavering support and unconditional love nurtured her, helping her discover her own strength and resilience.

Sinbad, too, flourished in the bustling harbor town. The adventurous spark in his eyes had grown brighter with every passing day, fueled by the tales he absorbed from sailors and travelers he treated with. Their stories painted vivid pictures of far-off lands, unexplored territories, and treacherous waters. Sinbad's dreams of venturing beyond the boundaries of Tison village had become bolder and more resolute.

Esra watched this transformation with a glint of maternal pride. Her son had matured, taking on more responsibilities and displaying a newfound sense of purpose. She marveled at the profound impact Reana had on him, providing a stabilizing force and a shoulder to lean on. The girl had become a source of strength for them both.

----

One day, as dusk settled over Constantia Harbor, the bustling tavern began to wind down after a long day of serving patrons. Reana, her shift nearing its end, worked diligently, clearing tables and bidding farewell to the remaining customers.

However, on this particular evening, a group of rowdy customers had lingered at the corner of the tavern, their voices growing louder with each drink they consumed. Their boisterous laughter filled the air, creating a dissonance in the otherwise peaceful atmosphere. Reana, ever the beacon of composure, continued with her duties, trying to ignore their disruptive behavior.

As the night grew darker, the inebriated group's attention shifted to Reana. Their eyes, clouded by alcohol-fueled arrogance, fixated on her, fueling a sense of entitlement and misplaced confidence. Their comments became more brazen, laced with an intention to provoke and intimidate.

With a tray of empty glasses in her hands, Reana carefully maneuvered between the tables of the tavern, making her way towards the bar to return the glasses to the bartender. However, as she passed by the group, their bravado took an unsettling turn.