24 - The Pure Land

The ship sailed smoothly over the tranquil waters, and the air was filled with anticipation. Hinahoho's voice carried from the cabin, calling out excitedly, "Sinbad! It's coming into view!"

Sinbad, unable to contain his enthusiasm, turned to Reana. "Reana, hurry! We should go look at that!"

She sighed, putting the finishing touches on the third braid on the side of his head. "Sin, you're the one who wanted those braids, so be patient."

With a playful tap on his shoulder to signal she was done, they both headed up to the deck. The sun was casting a warm glow over the ship, and a gentle breeze played with their hair as they emerged into the open.

"Our next country!" Hinahoho beamed at them, pointing toward the approaching land.

"We've reached the pure land, the 'Sasan Kingdom'!" Sinbad announced, his eyes fixed on the majestic mountains that began to silhouette against the horizon.

----

The path wound through the towering mountains, and Sinbad, eager as ever, strode ahead, a sense of anticipation radiating from him. His companions followed, and as they walked, Hinahoho observed the map in his hands. "Sasan Kingdom, huh... A place carriages can't go through, and can only be reached by crossing the mountain range on foot... What business do we have in this kind of country?"

Ja'far turned around with enthusiasm. "Sasan is a natural mining town surrounded by mountains on all sides. Metal produced in Sasan is noted for having the highest quality and best purity in the world. Recently, this country even became a trading partner of Reim's. For the fledgling Sindria Trading Company, we need to secure a trading route through Sasan for our future."

"But..." Hinahoho expressed his concerns, "While we're gone, is it really okay to leave the company in the hands of Vittel and Mahad? Rurumu is there, too, but she also has to look after our child, so she won't be working."

Sinbad, who had been walking ahead, turned around to reassure them. "It'll be fine. Vittel is working hard to become the company accountant, and even though Mahad is silent, he observes people well and is good at taking care of employees. I'm not worried if it's those two. Besides, this is our first time in this country, so as the head of the company, I have to go... Right?" he smiled at them, a glint of excitement in his eyes.

"You say that, but you really just wanted to go on an adventure, didn't you?" Reana teased.

"Haha! A new country really makes me excited," Sinbad admitted with a boyish grin.

"Geez... What a kid," Ja'far sighed, shaking his head with a smile.

As they continued to walk, the Sasan Kingdom came into view, a city resembling a colossal tower built on and around a mountain, gleaming in the distance. They stopped for a moment to admire the view before resuming their journey.

Entering the city, they were met with a dazzling display of wealth. The Knights' spears gleamed, and the people adorned themselves with numerous pieces of jewelry. Sinbad couldn't contain his excitement. "Amazing! Everywhere I look is gold, silver!"

Ja'far, equally enthralled, stood beside him. Reana chuckled, observing their childlike wonder as they marveled at the opulence around them. However, she couldn't ignore the aversion that the inhabitants seemed to harbor toward them.

"Outsiders?!" she overheard a woman whispering, a hint of fear in her voice. "Oh... They're Pagans from the outside world... We mustn't have anything to do with them."

A Knight approached, his demeanor cautious. "Except for select few, in this country, they have no exchange with the outside world. Please refrain from any conspicuous behavior."