13 - Assassin

"Gahahaha!!" boomed the patriarch's laugh, reverberating through the room. "I see. So it was you. The lad that conquered the dungeon. I knew you really were something!! You have guts in spite of being so small. I like you even more now!" With a hearty pat on Sinbad's head, the giant patriarch expressed his admiration.

"Father... please be careful not to squash Sinbad," Hinahoho chimed in, concern lacing his voice.

"When father is fond of someone, he won't let them go," Pipirika laughed, her eyes twinkling mischievously.

"It's to show respect to strong warriors in Imuchakk. Pardon me." said their father, removing his hand.

"It's alright. Much appreciated. I'm happy that this village is a merry place," Sinbad replied, his smile genuine.

Curiosity sparked in the patriarch's eyes as he pointed to the eight-pointed star emblem on Sinbad's weapon. "Then, is this the emblem of a dungeon conqueror?"

"Yep, that's right. The djinn of the dungeon rests inside," Sinbad explained, earning a look of wonder from the siblings.

"I believe it's true, father," Hinahoho affirmed.

"We saw the enormous thunderbolt when Sinbad used that sword," Pipirika added, excitement evident in her voice. "That must be the djinn inside of it!"

Sinbad waved toward Reana, acknowledging her role. "And I'm no magician, that's Reana's domain."

"If they say so, it must be true. I believe you," the patriarch smiled at the purple-haired man, his respect evident.

Sinbad's expression turned serious as he addressed the patriarch once more. "Therefore, I would like to ask Hinahoho's father, also the patriarch, to forbid people to go near the dungeon. Challenging it means putting someone's life on the line. It's a most dangerous place! Without knowing this, more than ten thousand men in my country died in the dungeon. I do not want to witness this tragedy again."

"I see. I promise you," the giant patriarch solemnly accepted, understanding the gravity of the situation.

Reana observed Hinahoho closely, sensing his unease. She noticed his clenched fists resting on his knees, his head bowed in contemplation. Pipirika, too, recognized her brother's turmoil and turned her attention to him.

"Bro, what is it?" Pipirika asked, her voice filled with concern. She stared at him intently, waiting for an answer. After a brief pause, her eyes widened as she thought about something else entirely. "Ah! BRO! BY THE WAY, WHAT ABOUT YOUR PROPOSAL?" she exploded in excitement.

An awkward silence fell over the room as Hinahoho remained silent, his gaze fixed on the floor. The giant patriarch beamed with anticipation. "I'll have grand-children too... I'm so touched," he exclaimed, his hand placed over his heart.

Reana interjected, trying to ease the tension. "Ah, that reminds me... If I remember correctly, Hinahoho's beloved one is the most beautiful in the village."

Hinahoho's head jerked up, his discomfort edged over his face. "I... Well..."

"Yes! A peerless beauty," nodded his father, a twinkle of pride in his eyes.

Sinbad, ever curious, joined the conversation. "I look forward to seeing her. What type of lady is she?"

Pipirika's enthusiasm overflowed as she eagerly awaited her brother's response. "Hey, are you listening? Bro? Bro!"

"In the past, it was impossible," the patriarch reminisced, his gaze softening as he observed his son. "But now, Hinahoho is a fine warrior. If you propose as the son of the patriarch, surely she can accept it." Rising from his seat, he declared, "I'll go write a letter. It'll be a grand ceremony..."