15 - Dungeon Bares Its Fangs

"Somebody... Help..." a familiar voice echoed through the dungeon, barely audible amidst the eerie silence that enveloped them. 

Sinbad and Reana rushed forward in unison, following the sound to its source. As they turned a corner, they were met with a harrowing sight – a mass covered in colorful butterflies, fluttering and swarming around a figure lying on the ground.

The butterflies were not the harmless, beautiful creatures they appeared to be. They had encountered some of them before and knew they were dangerous and capable of inflicting harm. Without hesitation, Sinbad drew his sword and unleashed a powerful thunderbolt at the swarm.

The butterflies disintegrated into ash, and the figure beneath them was revealed. It was Hinahoho, unconscious and slightly scorched from the lightning attack. Sinbad's heart raced as he quickly rushed to Hinahoho's side, his expression a mix of relief and worry.

"Hinahoho... Hinahoho," Sinbad called out, gently shaking the giant's shoulder.

The giant stirred, slowly opening his eyes, his gaze slightly dazed.

 "Sinbad? Reana? Where are we?" Hinahoho asked, trying to sit up.

"You got attacked by some dangerous creatures. Thank goodness you're alright... kind of..." Reana replied softly with a sidelong glance at Sinbad.

"Oh yeah!! I got surrounded by man-eating butterflies..." Hinahoho recalled, looking around him cautiously.

"You mean those man-eating butterflies?" Sinbad asked, pointing to the smoldering forms on the ground.

Hinahoho's eyes widened as he took in the aftermath of the thunderbolt. He seemed taken aback but then visibly calmed down, realizing the threat was gone. "I see. You got rid of them. Th-thank you. But... My joints feel numb somehow," he said, holding his trembling arms before him.

Sinbad displayed a somewhat tense smile. "Isn't that the pain from the butterflies' bites?" he asked, shaking his head.

Reana gave him a sideway glance, smirking at his reaction.

"Hinahoho," Sinbad started, suddenly recovering a serious expression. "Didn't I tell you that the dungeon is a dangerous place where you risk your life? Once you step into a dungeon, there's no way of getting out except for conquering it. If you give up, you die. But since you're already in, there's no turning back. The reason I'm here is... so you can leave this place alive."

Hinahoho seemed shaken by Sinbad's words, the gravity of the situation sinking in. "Sorry. I dragged you two into my own issues," he admitted, feeling guilty for involving them in his quest.

"I don't think of it that way," Sinbad replied firmly. "Didn't I tell you? I'm just doing things that my heart tells me to. That's what I'm doing now."

Hinahoho stared at them, touched by her unwavering support and resolve. He lifted one hand to wipe his face of some dust, the realization sinking in. "Yeah... Let's go together!" he said, determination in his eyes.

----

After walking for some time and fighting off more butterflies, they arrived in a wider space within the cavern-like dungeon. Before them lay a breathtaking sight – a big lake supplied by two majestic waterfalls cascading from the cavern walls. The water shimmered under the dim light, creating an ethereal ambiance.

"There's a giant lake inside the dungeon!" Pipirika beamed, her eyes sparkling with wonder as she admired the view.

Sinbad turned around to look at the tunnel they had come from, furrowing his brows. "There was no split in the road we came from," he observed, trying to figure out the way forward.