1:27 am-jisoo

context: it's 1:27 am and you and jisoo thought it would be a great idea to drink

theme: fluff, drunk antics

word count: 1016

[lowercase intended]

a/n: inspired by the sight of drunksoo in 'My alcohol diar' by youngji

------------

dinner dates with jisoo were always lovely, especially after a long work week. over big bowls of pork noodle soup, you both talk about the highs and lows of your week.

yet, this time, jisoo didn't have anything to do the next day, so you both indulged in too many bottles of soju. by the time you were done with dinner, you were both a little too far gone to appear composed.

it didn't help that it was pouring rain for most of your time in the restaurant, so you had both prolonged leaving for as long as possible.

"shit, is it still raining?" jisoo turns her head to look out the window, squinting her eyes a little too hard. it wasn't hard to see the rain droplets stuck to the window, but everything she does while drunk is somehow more endearing than she already is.

you glance to see for yourself, but the rain seems to have stopped. "no, I think we're good," you exclaim. she gives you a slightly more exaggerated nod than usual and stands up from the table easily.

thankfully, you both organized your bowls and bottles before paying, so you didn't feel too guilty standing up from the table and nearly stumbling. jisoo rushes to your side, catching your waist and helping you to the door.

"please don't fall, we can't bring more attention to ourselves," she whispers not so quietly into your ear and it leaves you laughing a little bit too hard as she pushes the door open with her free arm.

you knew the elderly patrons were already staring at you before you left, but you couldn't be too concerned.

you both make it outside and the smell of fresh rain hits your nose immediately. the large trees that lined your path back home were dripping, and you hoped the wind wouldn't blow any of it on you.

you both walked a considerable amount before you realized jisoo was still clutching onto your waist, but her strong arms started to crush you.

her chest was slightly exposed by the droplets of rain, so you took the chance to hit her skin with your hand to grab her attention. she freed her arm to clutch her chest in fake pain.

"you hit me!" she gaped at you, suddenly stopping in her tracks to face you.

"your grip was so tight that you were gonna break my waist in half!" you exclaim, breaking into laughter before you could finish the sentence.

you keep walking without her by your side, you don't wait for her to catch up and you start to think something is wrong before you turn around.

you see her take off running toward you with a devilish grin on her face. you scream in fake surprise and sprint away from her, you can hear the heaviness of her footsteps behind you but you're convinced that you can outrun her.

you almost think you're in the clear until you hear her right behind you.

"I've got you," she snatches you up with a low growl, her arms are tightly wrapped around your middle while spinning you in a circle.

you're only scared for a brief moment when your feet lift off the ground, but you screw your eyes shut to stop yourself from getting too dizzy.

"kim jisoo!" you scream her name over and over, each with a bit more laughter than the last until you can't stop yourself from laughing.

you can hear her laughter ringing in your ears, it sounds so sweet that you want to sit in the feeling forever.

she finally places you down, taking a deep breath. you finally open your eyes to see that she's beaming at you.

"you're so pretty," she says suddenly. she always has stars in her eyes while looking at you, but the way she stares at you tonight feels even more precious.

"you are too," you reply.

"I love you," she says it before she can catch herself. her eyes widen and she puts her hand over her mouth.

it was the first time she's ever said it to you.

you want to memorize the way she says it.

"kim jisoo? you love me?" you're nearly whispering as you touch her hands again and use your other hand to tuck a stray hair behind her ear.

"I love you so much," she decides to drop her tone and let out a short laugh.

"well, I love you too."

you lean in for a kiss and it feels like she's been waiting for it all night when your lips touch. your teeth clash slightly since you're drunk, but you still fall into the rhythm of each other, the feeling of her lips is so deeply nestled into your brain that you can't forget it even when the conditions aren't currently ideal.

you treasured the kiss you shared when she came home from practice earlier that day, but the alcohol tinged kiss you share in the middle of a park feels more like coming home.

she doesn't go far with it, she angles her head just deep enough to leave you wanting more when she pulls away.

"ready to go home? we're almost there," she leans in to kiss the corner of your mouth and you're smiling before she can face you again.

you only nod, silently thankful that you can tuck into the noodle shop 5 minutes away from your apartment with the woman you love.

she intertwines your fingers together and you preserve the image in your head. the mix of perfume and alcohol that hits your nose when you put your head against her arm, the quiet hum of the cars passing by on the street, and the gentle breeze that makes you feel light as you walk home together.

she's more than you could've ever asked for, a blessing that keeps revealing itself every day.

you're excited to think about more nights like this, where the mood is just as light but the words "I love you" won't feel so new, but familiar in a way you'll anticipate every time. 

---

two more oneshots and i'm ending this book </3

btw i have my physics exam tomorrow, wish me luck y'all (manifesting to get 75/75)