Thank me at dinner-Dami

Word count: 0.8 k

Warnings: casual drinking, language

"You dating anyone?" Dami asked as she took her tequila from the bartender and rested her chin on her hand.

"Nah, I've been busy with work," Jaehyun chuckled and shook his head. "But what about you and Y/n?"

Dami choked on her drink as she threw it back and Jaehyun patted her back until she cleared her throat and looked at him with an incredulous expression, "What about us?"

"Are you guys going out? What's the deal?"

Her face contorted and she shook her head, now wishing she had another drink, "There's no deal, Jae. We're friends- I think. I don't know, she's Yoohyeon's friend, I just hang out with her sometimes."

"Okay," he said, dragging out the end of the word. "Well, it seems to me, and probably everyone else, that you guys like each other."

"I don't like anyone, Jaehyun. She's just..."

"She's just what?" He asked when she trailed off.

Dami groaned and ordered another drink from the bartender before turning back to him with a scowl on her face, "I don't know, she's really pretty and sweet and I guess I kind of like her."

Jaehyun smiled, "Mhm, that's what I thought."

"Shut up," She poked, now taking a sip from the cocktail she ordered. "What would you have me do anyway?"

"Ask her out," he deadpanned, as if the answer had been super obvious.

Dami shook her head, "I can't do that, I don't even know if she likes me back or whatever, besides, she's Yoohyeon's friend and she'll tell him and then it'll be weird-"

"Okay, you obviously don't pay attention enough," he interrupted. "That girl has the most obvious crush on you."

Her brows furrowed and she carried a skeptical look on her face, "What are you talking about?"

"God, I didn't think I'd have to spell it out for you, Dami. Y/n is one of the most confident people I've met-"

"Ehh, not really," Dami interrupted and took another sip from her drink.

"Not around you, because she likes you too and she gets nervous."

Dami stayed quiet for a moment, thinking about how you acted around her and how you did around Yoohyeon  before shaking her head, "I'm just intimidating, Jae."

"Yeah, so is she," he scoffed. "Just think about it."

Dami spent the rest of her time at the club distracted. She was replaying every moment she'd spent with you in her head, every touch you'd shared, the little things she noticed about you, and maybe she liked you a lot more than she thought.

She ordered a water to sober up before calling her driver to let him know that she was almost ready to leave. After saying goodbye to Jaehyun, and rolling her eyes at his smirk, she hurried into the car and wracked her brain to figure out something she could do.

By the time she'd made it to the manor, she still had nothing, but she was getting impatient, and she wanted to talk to you now. You were staying in the guest room, Yoohyeon had gotten Haechan to argue with Doyoung for it, so she popped in the restroom to check her hair and her makeup before hurrying up the stairs before she could talk herself out of whatever the fuck she was about to do.

She knocked twice on the door and stood outside anxiously waiting for you to open the door. Her anxiety bubbled up inside her as she saw a bit of light turn on and heard you walk over, though she now felt guilty because she realized you'd probably been asleep.

Your eyes widened when you saw Dami standing outside your door, looking flawless as ever, while you stood in your pajamas, but Dami thought you looked absolutely adorable.

"Hi," Dami smiled softly, now feeling a bit sheepish.

"Hi, Dam," You forced yourself to smile back and tucked hair behind your ear nervously. "Is everything okay? It's late."

"Yeah, I'm sorry if I woke you up I just, I really wanted to see you."

You felt your cheeks burn and your heart fluttered at the soft expression gracing Dami's features, "No, that's okay, I don't mind."

Dami nodded her head and shoved her hands in her pockets before you spoke again, "Was there something you wanted to say or... not that your visit isn't welcome I'm just curious, I guess."

"I don't know if I want to say it," She sighed quietly and looked at you with searching eyes, which made you want to crawl back into the comfort of your bed.

"But?"

"Go on a date with me."

You blinked a few times and your mouth opened and closed, "What?"

"Please. I don't say please a lot, you know."

You smiled and bit your lip, "I didn't think you liked me back."

Dami frowned and stepped forward, placing a hand on your cheek and rubbing your cheekbone with her thumb, "Of course I do. You're like, perfect."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes with a smile, "Says you."

"I'm always right," she said, dropping her hand. "I'll let you go back to sleep but thank you."

"I believe I'm the one who should be thanking you, Dami," You shook your head.

Dami hummed with a small smirk, "Thank me at dinner tomorrow night."

You chuckled and nodded your head, "Okay. I'll be there."

"Goodnight, Y/n," Dami said, taking your chin between her forefinger and thumb to tilt your head to the side so she could press a kiss to your cheek, which made you blush.

"Night, Dami."