Matcha-Winter

lowercase intended

word count- 534

-#.#.#-

"I'm going to cry," threatens minjeong. "I really will!"

"no, you won't, jeongie," you reply calmly, eyes glued to the monitor before you.

your girlfriend flings herself dramatically across the foot of your bed, sighing heavily enough for you to smell her breath from your chair.

"did you eat matcha flavoured pocky sticks?" you laugh, clicking furiously with your mouse.

"shut up." there's a short pause as she huffs. "yes. but... that's beside the point!" her sulky words go in one of your ears and out the other; all of your attention is rigid on the screen before you, and you bite your lip a little nervously as the enemy you're fighting knocks off twenty units of your health.

"did you hear me?" pouts minjeong. in response, you hum - in all honesty, you did hear her... you just didn't really register what the noises leaving her mouth meant. with a frustrated huff, minjeong sits up against the headboard and crosses her arms - a gesture you don't see because your back is to her. for a few precious moments, she's silent, and you're able to concentrate on the combos you have to unleash upon this stubbornly not dying monster.

"I want cuddles." her voice is low with sulkiness, and it's all you can do to stop an amused smile from quirking up the corners of your lips.

"just give me a couple minutes, babe. I'll be done soon, and then I can give you all the cuddles you want."

somewhat to your surprise, minjeong only lets out a short sigh before going silent and complying to your reasonable request. it only takes a few minutes before you've killed the stupid thing - a couple more for you to receive your rewards and xp - and then you're quickly exiting the game and shutting off the monitor.

"yay!!" minjeong bounces excitedly on the bed as you rise from your seat and jump onto the mattress beside her. immediately, she crawls up beside you and places her face very close to yours. your noses are almost brushing as she places her cool hands gently on your cheeks. her smile is soft.

"about time," she whispers playfully. you can see your own lovestruck face reflected in her glittering eyes. wispy little hairs waft lightly around her face, fanned by your quiet breaths. "can I get my cuddles now?" jeongie pouts cutely - at that moment, the air con switches off and the room is so quiet that you're sure she can hear the slowly quickening beat of your heart. surely, that fluttering noise you think you're hearing is the feather-light brush of her eyelashes against her cheekbones.

"only if I can have a kiss first," you grin.

minjeong smiles back slyly before closing the small gap between you to press her lips gracefully against yours. you're both grinning and giggling into the kiss, arms wrapping around each other as you fall tangled onto the mattress. seems like it's safe to say she's forgiven you for ignoring her.

petting her smooth hair softly, you smile and pull away from the kiss to catch your breath. she's breathtaking beside you, face soft with happiness.

you laugh. "you taste like matcha pocky sticks - "