Lovesick-Sejeong

word count: 2.4k

Content Warning: Swearing, sickness (mentions of coughing, headaches, achy body), and pining 

------

"Holy hell," Doyoung exclaimed as he entered your bedroom, placing his mom's homemade chicken soup on your dresser for later, "You look like shit, y/l/n!"

Doyoung had called earlier to ask if you wanted to hang out after he got off of work that night, as he knew that your parents were out of town, but as soon as he heard your hoarse voice and your coughs (although you tried to suppress them) he insisted that he stop by before work to check on you.

"Thank you. That's exactly what I needed to hear while I have the flu." You sniffled a little and wiped your nose, "I feel miserable, and apparently I look even worse."

Doyoung moved across the room to sit on the edge of your bed. He looked down at you sympathetically and pulled a new box of tissues out of his bag to set down on your nightstand.

"I'm sorry, y/n. You know I didn't mean it. I just didn't expect you to be this sick." He gave you a sheepish smile as he took the forehead thermometer from your nightstand and dragged it from temple to temple.

"Well, I didn't want to worry you," You shrugged, leaning up to see what the thermometer read, but Doyoung moved it away and set it back on your nightstand before you could see.

He sighed, "You're burning up. I don't feel great about leaving you here alone while I'm at work."

"I'll be fine, I promise." You manage between coughs, "Just come back for a little while after work. I'll even let you rent me a movie on your employee discount." You smirked, taking a long swig of water before you can start coughing again.

"No," He decided as he moves all of your medicine, cough drops, and some cold bottles of water to your nightstand for easy access, "I'm gonna find someone to come stay with you while I'm at work. Just hang tight for about 20 minutes and I'll have someone here to take care of you."

You nodded, unable to gather the energy to fight him on this one. You were too tired and achy, to fight a determined Doyoung Kim.

"I put all of your medicine and some water on your table so you don't have to move and I'm gonna take the chicken soup to the fridge for later."

"Thank you, Doyoung, really."

"No problem." He shot you a worried smile, "I need to head to work, but I'll find someone to come stay with you as soon as I get there."

You could only nod as he walked out of your room, closing your door behind him.

****

A few hours later, Sejeong snuck through the front door, using the key that Doyoung said would be under the welcome mat. She tip-toed up the stairs, quickly locating your room and knocking a few times.

As soon as Doyoung had asked her to come take care of you, she rushed at the opportunity and picked up a few goodies for you along the way. While the two of you didn't know each other very well, she always thought that you were beautiful, that your smile lit up the video store when you came to visit Doyoung. She had spoken to you before, usually, it was small talk to fill the time it took for Doyoung to come out of the back room to greet you. As much as she loved Doyoung and was happy he had a friend? girlfriend? (She swore you were his girlfriend) like you, she wished that you were at Family Video to visit her instead of him. So, she was happy to get to spend time with you without Doyoung, even if you were sick.

"Come in!" You answered with your hoarse voice, as you quickly dog-eared the page of the book you were reading and placed it on your nightstand. Doyoung never called you to tell you who would be coming over, but you expected it to be either Jisoo or Joy.