Part 54

13th of july, 2022
Today we have training at 6:30, we will start with an hour in the gym, followed by 30 minutes on the pitch. In the gym we just do some simple stamina exercises, to maximise our performance on the pitch tonight. On the pitch we just practise our corners and free kicks. After the training, we have a couple hours of rest before we need to head to the stadium.

We are now all lined up in the tunnel, all ready to make our way onto the pitch and play the game. I lead the team out of the tunnel. We line up for the national anthems, and while they play the anthems, I decide to look at the friends and family area. I quickly find Jade, Perrie, Haiz, and Leigh, but someone else catches my eye. I see Leah, Beth, Lauren, Ella, Alessia, Mary and Georgia sitting with the girls in the crowd. I immediately smile as I see Leah wearing my national team hoodie which she "boroughed". I feel a subtle wave of happiness in my body as I see Leah laughing and talking with the girls. We need to win this game, I'm going to win this game, for her.

The game against Portugal ends in a 3-2 win for us. Portugal was actually a pretty tough opposition to play, but the important thing is we got the 3 points in the bag. Which means we are tied with Sweden with points. While celebrating with the team I see Leah and the others laughing about and having fun. I smile as I look at the English girl. After we are done celebrating, Viv, Vickie, Jill, Jackie, Lynn, Daphne, and I make our way to the girls in the stand. I easily jump over the barrier, and help the other girls get over it. The English girls, Little mix, and Hailee all make their way to the first row where we are. We are all met in a big group hug with all of the girls. Leah quickly makes her way over to me after we all part from the hug. Leah jumps into my arms and hugs me, I catch her naturally as I wouldn't dare to drop her. The defender snuggles her face into the crook of my neck while her arms are around my shoulders. You played so well Jay, she whispers into my ear. Well thank you beautiful, why didn't you tell me you were going to be here, I ask the blonde. I wanted to surprise you and Perrie, Jade Hailee, and Leigh helped me, and the others just tagged along. I am so glad you are here actually, when I saw you in the crowd I knew that I needed to win the game. Awh you are such a dork. Yeah I know, but I am your dork, I say with a small smirk. I absolutely do not want to ruin your moment, but we need to head to the showers, Lynn says while carrying Daphne on her back. Yeah sure, thanks for letting me know Lynn. So I need to go now, but if you guys wait near the main exit we will come find you guys as soon as possible. Yeah we will be there, now go shower, you stink, she says with a smile. See you soon love, I say while I move to drag all my fellow Dutchies to the changing room, so we can freshen up.