Part 42

My soon to be GF(Leah)

My soon to be GF: Hey baby, good luck tonight with the game. Me and all the English girls will be watching it all together in the hotel.
Call me after the game?

Juul: Thanks darling, and of course I'll call you after the game as soon as I can.
Juul: Oh and Lee, I was trying to find a certain national team hoodie in my match bag. Do you maybe know where it is?

My soon to be GF: No..... yes I took it, do you want it back? I can send someone to drop it off.

Juul: Of course not baby, I was joking. I just found It very funny.
Juul: Actually you can keep it if you wear it during my games.

My soon to be GF: That's already done, I'm actually wearing it at the moment.

Juul: I need to go warm up now, I'll call you as soon as possible, bye my love.

My soon to be GF: Good luck baby, go win this game.

It is almost 9, which means the game is about to start. We are lined up in the tunnel ready to walk onto the pitch. I was at the front of the line as the captain, I then got a sign from the referee that we can now walk onto the pitch. When we were walking to the spot where we needed to sing the national anthem, the announcer repeated both our and the Swedish line-up. Our line-up consisted of: Van Veenendaal(GK), Wilms, van der Gragt, Nouwen, Janssen, Groenen, van de Donk, Spitse, Jill, Miedema, and me playing on the left wing.

The national anthems were played, handshakes were given, flags were exchanged and it was now time for kick off.