Ch.6: A newfound friendship.

Luke had been endlessly bored for the last few hours.

Zara was busy meditating with Liam, Ben was talking with Han Solo in the cockpit, Chewbacca was playing chess against the droids again and Nahaia was tinkering with some metal pieces, trying to build something.

Having nothing else to do, he decided to get up and talk to her.

"Hey. You... wanna talk?" he asked awkwardly.

She stared up at him.

"... About what?"

"I was hoping you knew."

She shrugged and indicated the floor beside her with a movement of her head. He sat down next to her.

"So... you go to Tatooine often?" he asked.

"Sure. I hate the sand though. I mean, we just go there to give Jabba the Jerk his money. And to get money," she said.

"Oh. You don't like him?"

"Nope! He's a disgusting pervert. He eats living creatures too. They 'live' in a small water basin by his throne."

Luke's face twisted in disgust.

"Yeah. He's also really bad looking. I hope, for your sake, that you never have to come across him," Nahaia added.

"I appreciate that."

"What about you? How'd you get embarked on this crazy adventure?"

"Well... my uncle and I bought those two droids, Imperial troops hunted us down, Ben, Zara and I got the droids to safety and... well, now we're here," he explained, counting the cents off his fingers.

"Cool," she turned back to her creation, "Hey, can you pass me that screwdriver? The purple handle one?"

"This one?"

"Yeah. Thanks, man."

Silence overtook the room, and the only present sounds were the small metal parts Nahaia was tinkering with, clinking against each other.

"So... Can I ask you a question?" Luke asked.

"Fire away."

"How does your hair change colour?"

She hummed slightly to herself. She didn't know if it was wise of her to unravel her past to a stranger. Yet again, some higher force told her it was alright.

She wondered why she felt that way: she didn't believe in higher forces!

"Uh... just don't say it around, alright?"

"My lips are sealed."

"Well, uh, I'm the last remaining child of the Rainbow angels species, from one of the moons of Iego," she explained.

He raised his eyebrows. He didn't know what he was expecting, but it certainly wasn't that.

"You should know, most of the moons of Iego have a different species of angels. Well, my species have hair and sometimes eyes or skin, that change based on their emotions. Anyway, my moon was ruined after some raiders destroyed our towns and killed our inhabitants. My parents shipped me over to a refugee planet, Corellia. I was around, uh... 7 years old," she continued.

Luke listened to her silently, completely engrossed in her story.

"That's where Han found me."

The small, 7 year old angel sat in a corner of the refugee camp, trembling in her thin, filthy, light blue dress, her hair and left eye purely white with fear. She held a small, rainbow shaped and coloured figurine to her chest.