Ch.2: Jawas, holograms, and pain.

Obi-Wan, Zara, Luke, C-3PO, and R2-D2 scoured the remnants of the Jawas.

They'd found the peaceful tribe slaughtered just by their trapezoidal truck.

"So much death," Zara muttered, picking up a broken spear and observing it. She tossed it nonchalantly into the rubble.

"It looks like the Sandpeople did this. There's gaffi sticks, Bantha tracks," Luke observed, "I've just never heard of them hitting anything this big before."

Zara knelt down and contemplated the tracks.

"These weren't Sandpeople," she said, "Obi-Wan, look at the tracks. They're side-by-side. Sandpeople always ride single file to hide their numbers."

"They didn't do this, but we are meant to think they did," Obi-Wan said.

"These are the same Jawas that sold us R2 and 3PO," Luke said.

"Well, I suppose that explains it," Zara said, turning to the two droids, looking at them from afar.

"What?" Luke asked.

"And these blast points," Obi-Wan continued, "too accurate for Sandpeople."

Zara nodded.

"Only imperial Stormtroopers are so precise," she said.

"But why would imperial troops want to slaughter Jawas?" Luke asked. He looked at Zara, who indicated the two droids with a movement of her head. His eyes widened.

"If they traced the robots here, they may have learned who they sold them to..." he took a step forward, "and that would lead them back... home."

Zara nodded sadly.

Luke started running towards his speeder.

"Wait, Luke!" Obi-Wan said, "It's too dangerous!"

Luke ignored him as he climbed into his speeder.

"Let him go, Obi-Wan. He should see for himself. And by the age of the Jawas' wounds, they must have already left the entire place, not having found the droids," Zara said, "he'll be alright. He's a strong young man. He takes after his father."

Obi-Wan nodded. He smiled softly and wrapped his arms around her. She hugged him back.

"Obi-Wan? There's something I've been meaning to talk to you about," she said.

"What is it?"

"So, as you know, I've been in contact with Liam Naberrie, on Naboo," she said.

"Indeed. In your hologram calls, you've taught him about the Force and meditation."

"Yes. Well, since we're going to Alderaan and Naboo is in between Alderaan and Tatooine, I was thinking it might be time for him to join the Alliance," she continued.

"Alright. We'll ask our transporter to make a stop there," Obi-Wan said, a twinkle in his eye.

She smiled at him.

"Thank you. I'll hologram him immediately. Keep an eye out for Luke," she said, kissing him on the cheek. She walked away and pulled out her hologram-projector.

~~~

It was another beautiful day on Naboo and Liam laid shirtless in the sand, near the lake, letting the Naboonian sun dry him after his pleasant swim.

Never in his life had the nineteen year old felt so relaxed.

His wet, brown hair sprawled on the sand and his blue eyes closed, he wasn't sure whether or not there was a better way to spend his afternoon.