3

"So, how was last night Reese?" Twyla asked right away and Reese rolled her eyes and tried to tamp down the blush taking over her cheeks.

"I am more interested in what might have happened between Gene and Jack last night."

"I am more interested in this menu." I laughed and pulled the large thing up to cover my face but as soon as I thought they were going to let it go for now, Reese ripped the menu from my hands and kept it out of my range as they both waited.

"Spill."

"I was getting her ready for bed, her bath, I was a couple steps behind and she ran out of her room and right into his legs and she started crying because he asked her not to. Then tried to calm her down. Then tried to talk to me in my bedroom, and you know how hers is all packed up so she is staying in mine?" I asked and waited until they both nodded so I knew they were following my fast speech. "Well, then I brushed him off, got things ready for bed and when I was half asleep he came in, kissed her head and then my cheek before leaving... then this morning he went with her and my dad around the perimeter, and gave her all his donuts." I sighed and let my head fall into my hands and wait for something to come out of their mouths.

"He sounds like he is trying." Reese finally muttered and I looked up at her and then to Twyla who was giving her a look.

"What?" I asked seeing how Twyla was biting her tongue.

"Well, in my opinion he could have been trying a little harder at the party. I mean I know it was your wedding and the whole alpha ceremony but he could have." She shrugged and looked at me with a soft smile.

"No, I was avoiding him very well yesterday during the party." I told her and she just shook her head.

"No, if he really wanted to talk with you, he would have grabbed you, whisked you away, and had you to himself." She sighed and I looked at Reese and she looked at me with the same expression before we both looked at her. "Josh wants a baby as soon as Reese is pregnant."

"Well, that isn't going to be for another year." Reese sighed and then looked at both of us.

"You want things to settle down huh?" I asked and she nodded automatically.

"Good, that means at least another year of traveling and sex!" Twy shouted almost getting people outside to stop and look, because everyone inside was sure as hell looking at us now.

Twyla breathed out and looked so relived. She sat back, raised her menu with a huge smile still on her face and then made a couple faces at the choices.

"Can I have my menu back?" I asked stealing Reese anyway and she smiled before pulling hers up as well.

"Hello ladies, what can I start you off with in the drink department?" I laughed at the scared look on a guy who couldn't be more than 14 as he stared at Twyla.

We all ordered what we wanted, even the food and while Twyla and I started in on Reese's night she got a call, she was always lucky.

She left the busy noisy table and ambled into the bathroom. It seemed like business so we didn't chase after her. Instead I asked Twyla about her and Josh's latest adventure in Russia.

She had a lot of fun, and I wish, even for a moment, that I could have the adventures she was having, but then I think about Heidi and all her little ways she makes me happy and a better person.

We ate, chatted, and finally Reese let us have it. "I am going to be the TA for that 12th grade teacher I told you guys about! Ms. Aaron Angel."

That name stuck hard. I remember her. She was older, like Greyson's age. Which was about 3 years before Jack and Ian.