Happy Birthday, Eddie |part 3|

I was surprised that we were still able to enter the lab... is that supposed to happen in a lockdown?

It was eerily quiet, there weren't any alarms or locked doors.. only red, flashing lights. As creepy as it was, we continued walking through the halls.

I made sure to keep Ben at my side, not letting him wander even two steps away from me. Bumpy walked closely next to our feet, rubbing up against my ankle whenever I took a step.

I'm not keen on what could be down here, and if things go downhill, I need to make sure Ben is my number one priority.

Ben kept a hand tightly wrapped around my forearm, I can tell he was terrified. I am too.

I tried to ignore the ache in my arm from slamming against the door earlier, but I couldn't help but wince as he tightened his grip on my forming bruise. Ben looked over worriedly at me and I shook my head, whispering to him that I'm fine.

We came across the main room of the lab, the one Ben apparently met Bumpy in. The doors opened and we stared in shock.

"What?" Darius questioned to himself as we stepped further into the room.

There was a cake sitting in the middle of table, eight glowing candles lit.

Suddenly, a face pops up from behind the cake and screeches at us. We scream in surprise and I'm quick to push Ben and some of the others behind me out of pure instinct.

The person turns on a lamp and points it in our direction. But, as soon as he notices us, he stops screaming and relaxes.
"Not dinosaurs. You're not dinosaurs. This is the worst birthday ever." He says, mostly to himself.

I lower my hands from a defensive position and look back behind me. Ben, Kenji, Sammy, and Brooklynn seem to be cowering against the wall and floor, where I seemingly pushed them to.
I give them each an apologetic smile and pull Ben closer to me, giving him a short hug of relief.

I turn back to the man leaning over a desk, anger evidently shown in my voice,

"What the fuck, man?" I scowl, making sure to keep my voice down, not knowing what we alerted by our screams. I didn't care to be polite in the moment.

I watch as everyone's eyes direct towards me, not expecting my outburst. I shake my head at the man and decide to keep my mouth shut for now. He looks over us all briefly. Though, his eyes lingered on me for a moment longer.

"Sorry. Cake?" He offers, motioning towards the table. I only scoff as others start instantly agreeing to it, moving closer. I don't blame them, we were all hungry.
I let Ben walk with them as the area seemed mainly harmless.

I notice Pinky sitting on the ground still, catching her breath from the recent jump-scare. I stick my hand out for her to take with a smile, she looks up at me questioningly, "Here, the floor is disgusting." I say quietly, urging my hand closer.

She giggles at my mention of cleanliness as we were both already covered in filth.

She slowly reaches to grab my hand and I pull her up to her feet. Though, she doesn't let go as she leads me to where Kenji is cutting and serving the cake on paper plates. He already blew the candles out a moment prior.

Kenji cuts everyone a seemingly even slice, though, his seems to have extra. I choose to ignore his selfish acts and glance at all the plates of cake everyone held in their hands.

I notice the one that The Blue Doof left me had less than everyone else's. I give him a deadpan look and he only smirks, taking an exaggerated bite. I notice that Ben had already began eating his, as well as the others. He gives me a smile and points his fork at his plate, humming happily.