Things Fall Apart |part 1|

Y'all have the patience of an owl LMFAO (look it up) but fr thank you all for the support on the book even if my updates take 20 years or so 🤷‍♀️ j/, have a good read you guys.

While laying on the couch and watching Ben finish his drawing, Darius bursts through the door.

"What's up Camp Cretaceous? Whoo-hoo!" He shouts, seeming much more pumped than last night.

"Whatup D-dog!" I yell back with a grin on my face, throwing my hand in the air as extra enthusiasm.

"Not in a "whoo-hoo" mood this morning, Darius. Not after yesterday. Trekking through a rainstorm will do that." The Man-baby says, spinning in his filthy chair.

"Oh, wake up, old man. You're fine." I roll my eyes, placing my legs over Ben's and laying back.

"Yeah, we only had to walk because you crashed our gyrosphere." Ben says, making me perk up on my elbows.

"It was your fault Kenj." I agree and shrug over to Mr. Koolaid and glare at him, which he quickly looks away.

"But today's a new day! Kayak Day! Who doesn't wanna paddle alongside dinosaurs, real dinosaurs? It's gonna be awesome, right?" Darius says, tryna lift their hopes up.

I sit up fully and swing my feet over the couch and hiss through my teeth, "Oh, yeah. About that..." I trail off.

"The babysitters took off early and left this." Blue Berry cut me off and walked his chair over to Darius while slapping the note on his chest.
"Sorry, Dary."

"BRB. Gotta go. Boss-talk. BB. Later. Smiley face. Is that a dinosaur emoji with a thumbs up?" He read out Dave's side of the note.

"It's Dave speak. Roxie translated on the back."
I giggle, "He a funny dude."

"We have to go talk to our boss. Stay inside until we return. Draw, bond, whatever. The radio's set for channel six in case you need us. Stay inside, stay inside. Do not leave, Kenji, looking at you." Darius laughed, "Uh... sorry for the kids' menus, it's all Dave had."
He finished reading Roxie's side of the note and looked down to the coloring supply's we were left with.

"Do they understand how old we are? I mean, when was the last time you even saw a crayon?"

I looked over to Ben who had lifted up his paper. It seemed to be him and some dinosaur playing a game if chess.

"Hmm. I have notes." Yaz says, which Sammy laughed and shoved her.

I gave Yaz a quick look but then ruffled Ben's hair, "Looks great, little dude! Uh, who's that?" I point to the dinosaur on his paper.

"Oh, that's Bumpy. I met her at the lab." He replied, patting down his hair as my mouth made an "O" shape.

Ben hands me his drawing as he gets started on a new one. I take it and fold it into my pocket. He always lets me hold onto them as "safe keeping's".

I grabbed my own sheet of paper and a green crayon, "Yo, old man, I have something to show you. It's an honorable present." I got to work and sloppily started to draw a hand, with the middle finger sticking up from it

I finished and held it up with a sweet smile on my face. He deadpanned and rolled his eyes while the others laughed.

"Wow. Real mature, Y/n. A middle finger, real mature." He rolled his eyes and I snickered, folding the piece of paper and putting it into my pocket.

The doors suddenly slammed open, revealing a Pink-haired girl, looking furious.

"Brooklynn. What's new on the internet, superstar?" Yasmina says sarcastically.