Camp Cretacous |part 1|

"Welcome to Isla Nublar, campers!" A man, I'm guessing our counselor, announced.

"You are the chosen few, the first kids in the entire world to ever experience the awesomeness, that is Camp Cretaceous."

While I'm listening to the counselor speak, I notice Ben slowly inch away from me and lean over the side of the dock. I walk towards him and place a comforting hand on his shoulder. While looking awfully green, he smiled weakly back at me but then gags once more and covers his mouth.

"I know the trip from the mainland was rough on some." He looks over towards Ben. "Hello, Ben." Ben looks up from the waters and give a thumbs up before hurling once again into the ocean.

"But you made it!"

I notice a girl with pastel pink hair with a phone recording in her hand still looking over at us. Well, me. We make eye contact and she quickly looks away. I raise an eyebrow but it quickly faded from the noise of Ben puking once more.

"I'm Dave, head counselor. You heard that correctly, head honcho, big shot."

Suddenly a vehicle pulls up a few feet away from us. Ben and I move back to our original spots.

A woman with an Australian accent pops out of the vehicle, "Ah, so sorry I'm late. Welcome campers!" She starts making her way towards us, "I'm Roxie, head counselor of camp Cretaceous."

We all give Dave the side eye as Dave nervously laughs, "Well, i-it's sort of a co-head counselor sort of situation."

"Is it?" Roxie asks sarcastically.

"Anyway, some of you won contests to be here, some of you had VIP invites, but for the next two weeks,"

Pinky shoves her recording phone into my face and I smile slightly, stepping little by little away and next to Ben.

"All of you will be getting the five-star treatment!"

A girl behind me places her elbow on my shoulder and holds the peace sign up to Pinky's camera.

"As our first campers, we've lined up exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of Jurassic World.

"Ooh!"

"Yes!"

Ben whines and I place a hand on his shoulder to reassure him.

"As well as kayaking, rock climbing, obstacle courses, and of course,"

"Dinosaurs!?"

A boy in a yellow jacket interrupted. He looks around embarrassed and shoves his hands into his pockets.

"Yes," she checks her clipboard, "Darius, plenty of dinosaurs. So, ready for an adventure?"

"Absolutely! But I'm gonna need that speech a little shorter, and really try to lean into the majesty of this place." Pinky said.

Dave laughs awkwardly. "Okay, we're going now. Let's get the seven of you to camp."

Ben slightly raises his hand, "Uh, there are six of us."

"Wait."
"Dino-kid, Track star, Internet Girl, Barfy, Texas, Barfy's emotional support... he's right. Where's Seven?" Dave lists us off.

Roxie checks her clip board and scoffs. "Follow me kids, I know where we'll find him."

She starts to walk off towards the helicopter landing pad with us in following.