Camp Cretacous |part 3|

(Honestly guys I am so sorry for not updating this shitty book)

Crouching behind a truck, me and Darius peek over to see if anyone is in sight. I look around.
"This is it, right?" I ask. Noticing that it was pretty dark out, it's hard to navigate around.

"I think so. The truck definitely headed this direction." Dino-kid responds, checking around the enclosure.

"Of course this is it. Why else would they have-" Pinky slaps her hand over Kenji's mouth, silencing him from giving away our location.

She shushes him.

The truck turns on, and a light is shined above us. We give it as our cue to get away.
As we're climbing the stairs, I notice the man look around the car, shrug, then drive off.

We walk alongside the enclosure, not noticing the warning sigh behind us.

A jittery feeling explodes in my stomach. I almost feel the urge to just skip around.

"I can't believe we just snuck out, to here!" I whisper-yell, sliding my hands alongside the railing, peering into the enclosure. I smile at Darius thinking he'd be excited too, but he looks deep in thought. Something is definitely wrong.

"Hey, Brooklyn!"

I growl to myself and look over to see what the douche is on about. "Why'd I decide to bring him here.." I whisper lowly.

"You can get a good shot from over here." He tries to snatch his phone from her hand.
"Allow me."

"No, thanks. I can- hey!" He starts to tug at her phone.
"Just-"
"Give me my- Ugh!"
"Let go!"
"Come on!"

"Hey, Kenji! Don't do anything-"

Me and Darius watch as the phone gets thrown unto the enclosure, clattering onto a pole.

"stupid.."
I finish with a sigh. There's a second of silence.

I start to mutter to myself, walking over to them. "You're already giving me a headache you son of a-"

"Thanks, Kenji. Real smooth." Brooklyn starts.

"Relax, I'll get it." He give a weary look into the enclosure, having second thoughts.

I walk aside Kenji, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Well," He looks at me, "Go on then, Kenji." I lean an elbow on the fence, resting my chin on my hand. I fake a sweet smile,
"Go fetch."

He looks at me, annoyed.

"I mean, if you want to impress the girl, of course. But I'd say she's too good looking for you." I whisper while grinning, pointing behind me to Pinky, who unknowingly blushes.

His annoyed face turns into a aggravated one and he starts to climb over the railing.

Darius runs over to us, "Wait! What are you-"

"I got it, kid." He responds sheepishly, giving Darius a confident smirk.

I place a hand on Darius' shoulder. "Don't worry," I look at Kenji with a smirk of my own, "he has it."

He starts to climb lower as we watch, I laugh to myself.

"He doesn't have it." Pinky nudges me then gives her own reply.

"Be careful, doofus!" She whisper-yells down, trying not to alert anything. I roll my eyes.

Looking down at the cocky imbecile, he picks up the phone. "See? Ha! Good as new."

"Greeeeaaat." I exaggerate. And Pinky finishes my words for me.
"Now, just climb back up and gently hand it to me."

"Sure, sure, right after I get a sweet dino-pic for your followers. No need to thank me." Kenji stupidly says, pulling up the camera. I face palm. "Is this guy serious?"

I notice something out of the corner of my eye. Bones. Why would there be bones in THIS enclosure. I peer around again, and see something run from one bush to under a tree. Not a Compy.

My blood runs cold. I whisper, "Darius, this isn't the right enclosure..." He looks for himself.

"Uhm.. i think you're right." He says.

I start to get worried for the stupid guy's safety, and for ourselves. No way I'm going out because of this guy! "What do you mean this isn't the Compy pen! I thought you knew-"

"Quiet, juniors! The grown-ups are talking. Ah, your followers are gonna love this."
He holds his hand out of the gate. And I scoff.
"Here, Compy, Compy, Compy!"

"This isn't the Compy pen!" Darius screams down to his stupid ass.

"You old hag! This is not the Compy pen!" I yell down as well, cupping my hands to my mouth.

"What do you mean...-what the..?" He sees the dinosaur that is definitely NOT a Compy; like we were saying. I swear he needs hearing aids, talk about a grown up alright.

We look into the pen, some of us worried, as we watch this man take a picture... with the flash on. "I say we ditch this guy and get out of here." I whisper.

Kenji screams and runs back into the wall, terrified. I laugh. "I like this show." I get hit on the shoulder by Pinky. "What? There's a gate up... he'll be fine. We just need to open the doors behind him." I point, watching Kenji run near the doors to get out.

Pinky and Darius start to run closer. "Come on!" I follow after.

"Wait don't hit a random button it can open something we don't want open!" I hurriedly run to Pinky, as she already has her hand up, ready to smash a- oh.. and she hit one. Okay then.

"Oh, please! Let me out!" Kenji pleads, but the gates open... the wrong gates.

"Pinky! Wrong button!" I groan. She looks at me with a confused face, at the word 'pinky'.

A red alarm starts buzzing. I notice Darius not next to me anymore. I look behind me and see him looking into the enclosure, contemplating something.

I get an idea myself. I climb over the fence, holding onto the outside and start to kick the pipe with my foot. I notice the dinosaur look at me, wondering what the hell I could be doing. The pipe breaks and steam shoots out.

Looking over to Darius, he jumps in, using it as a diversion.

I listen as I climb back over the railing and stand near Pinky. "Dude! Please tell me you have a plan." Kenji pleads again.

"Let's move! The steam should keep him busy." Darius shouts, but notices it clearing up quickly. More dinos approach, at least four now. They all screech at the boys.

"Oh, crud." I hear Darius mutter.

I look over at Pinky. "These boys are so utterly stupid." She nods, wide eyed and terrified for the guys.

I gulp. They're so dead.