Happy Birthday, Eddie |part 2|

It seemed as if the jungle would never end, the constant walking made the balls of my feet hurt more than they already did.

'I already felt bad enough about bringing Ben here, I don't need anymore torment.'
I think, my eyebrows furrowing with the self reminder of guilt.

I watch as Yasmina pulls up a leaf for Sammy to walk under. Yet, as soon as Sammy is on the other side, she drops it purposely. The leaf flung into Pinky's face and she scoffed, pushing it away with angry force.

I grumble under my breath.
If their petty fights don't end soon, then they'll be the ones to doom us all, not the dinosaurs.

I speed walk to catch up with Brooklynn as it seems she's about to go after Yasmina.

"Hey." I say as I lay a hand on her shoulder for a moment, before taking it off, slowing her down. She quickly looks over at me, surprised at my fast appearance.

"She's not worth it right now." I point my thumb into Yasmina's direction.

Pinky sighs and shakes her head, she's quiet for a moment as she walks beside me.

"I just want to get off of this dumb island." She mumbles, obviously referring to Sammy having her phone. "I don't get why she's taking that from us!" Her voice raises slightly, but she took a breath to calm herself.

I frown, "I know."

The whole situation was glum. Everyone tried to ignore what was at stake here, death, but I don't think we can sit and pretend for much longer.

I can see how our hope is slowly disintegrating as we continue forward, but there's no way I'll allow that to stop us.

I decide to finish my sentence after realizing I'd gone quiet, "We'll make it out of here, there's no doubt." I glance at Pinky with a confident grin on my face.

She meets my eye as her furrowed face loosens.

"I think... there are still people here. I mean, think about it! With the amount evacuation, there's no way everyone on this island left so soon." I emphasize my statement by showcasing the surrounding forest with my hands.

I see a smile dance at her lips as she's watching me drone my words, her eyes scanning my face.

I feel myself flush from the sudden attention.

"Maybe... maybe there's left behind phones or walkie-talkies laying around. We'll just have to be lucky enough to find one."
I pause, taking a well-needed talking break.

"If we're lucky." She responds in a low voice, trailing her eyes back to the two girls in front of us. Her hardened glare returned as she watched Yasmina stick close to Sammy.

Suddenly, there was a yelp behind me, "Let's pick it up, people." Kenji yells to the group, pushing me forwards to walk faster.

As I'm about to cuss him out, Darius interrupts.

"Wait." He says, turning around, "Guys, where's Ben?"

My diameter instantly straightened once I realized he wasn't directly behind me, where I thought he was.

Though, I relaxed when I saw Ben in a bush, seeming to drag something alongside him, shushing every so often.

I audibility sigh from relief, placing my head in my hands.

Yasmina clears her throat to gain Ben's attention, he jumps and instantly shoves the (obvious) dinosaur back inside the bush.

"Hey!" he says, popping a hand on his hip, "How's it hangin'... dudes?" He then crosses his arms, making an awkward pose... as while doing finger guns.