Aurora

04/11/2021

Stars jigged with one another as they dazzled, glinting with glamour and a tantalizing allure, looking down upon the Earth as they teasingly winked at their admirers from afar. Tonight, the moon could be seen, meticulously sculpted in the shape of a crescent as it continued its routine ascent. The fleeting clouds seemed translucent as they playfully drifted by, for a moment, blurring the sky. As they passed on to continue their journey, a sudden emerald hue emerged from the darkness, twisting and twirling as it grew stronger, greater and brighter, fully revealing itself as the famed Northern Lights, whose beauty would cause one to make up an imaginary song in their head for its esteemed performance. Wispy strands of pink and purple released themselves, unleashing a splendid display of colour and light, which grew ever more intense as it climbed up to the climax. Eye-widening, an exploding tint of red stepped onto the stage, as it gracefully embellished the display in an eyeliner-like manner. Strands of light intertwined with one another, joining the stars in their marvelous dance as the colour continued to become ever so extraordinary. 

Unfortunately, every dance must come to an end, and the lights began to die down, darkening the sky as the colours dissipated, retreating into nothing. The moon descended as the wind howled, snow falling from the sky in replacement of the stars, and in reminder that it would be another cycle of three seasons until the next winter, for the dance to be seen again.