And it's going to hurt.

"I went to Amaya's three days ago.. after work. She had a doctors appointment the day before, so I was worried cause she wouldn't answer my calls or text." I sighed before glancing at Asher as he was standing up in the chair.

"Asher sit down." Kate said, making him sit down in the chair. "Sorry." She looked back at me.

"I went over there after work.. and she was.. she looked sick." I looked at her as she was watching me. "I've seen her that way before.. after another doctors appointment but this was worse. I asked her why she hasn't called or text, but she told me to leave."

Kate was watching me for a moment before looking around. I saw her turn her back towards the counter, and leaned on it before crossing her arms.

"Remi.. do you think Amaya is sick?"

I looked at her for a moment before shrugging. "Like.. sick how?"

"Mason told me something."

"Told you what?"

"Well.." She looked away for a moment before sighing. "He didn't really tell me any personal information about Amaya, but he said that she was going through something."

"What?"

She shrugs, making hand gestures as she looked at me. "He doesn't know. The church does, though."

"So, I can get information from there?"

She slightly smiles before shaking her head. "Don't, Remi. I know you're worried, but let Amaya tell you on her own time."

After a moment of silence, I sighed. "We're together now."

"Really?" She smiled before pulling me into a hug, but I pushed her back. She silently apologized before moving a strand of hair from her face. "Recently?"

"Since Sunday."

That made her smile as she looked at me. "I'm so happy for you, Remi. It's been forever."

"Yeah.." I said before looking over at Asher. "I don't know."

"You don't know about what?"

"If she keeps secrets from me-"

"Remi." Kate looked at me before slightly smiling. "Let Amaya tell you when she's ready, ok? Maybe she doesn't want you worrying."

I looked at her before shrugging. "How bad can it be?"

"I don't know." She said. "But give her time. If you really like her, then you'll wait for her to tell you."

Sighing, I leaned my head back before shutting my eyes. I heard Asher then looked over at him as he was dumping his plate in the trash, then came towards the sink to wash his hands.

"Let me help you, bubba." Kate said before picking him up and placing him on his stool.

I stood there, overthinking about Amaya. I realized that I haven't did any overthinking in years, so I usually never give a fuck.

But this was Amaya.

After a moment, I walked back to my room. I heard Kate ask if I was gong to eat, but I told her I wasn't hungry.

Laying down in my bed was all I wanted to do. I pulled the blanket over my head then laid there before hearing my phone on the table.

When I reached for it, I brought it under the covers with me then unlocked it. I saw a few messages from Lucas then I saw Amaya's name, and I was sitting up in a few seconds.

I read the text, then got ready in the next few seconds. I rushed out of the room, then met Kate in the hall before stopping.

"Where are you going?"