Chapter 80 - Ahhhhhh!

Duan Shu Tong: Where did you see that?

Lu Shi: It's on Weibo, and you can find it by searching for keywords.

Duan Shu Tong went to look it up according to what Lu Shi said, and sure enough, he saw workers from Xi Corporation showing off the Spring Flower No. 1 that they got on their Weibo.

Duan Shu Tong couldn't help it. He looked over at Xi Duan. Coincidentally, Xi Duan was also looking over at him.

Both of them froze. After a few seconds of silence, Duan Shu Tong suddenly lifted up his cell phone and held it in front of the other man. The screen was facing towards Xi Duan, and it just so happened to block Xi Duan from seeing Duan Shu Tong's eyes. The young man got right to the point, and said, "Did you do this?"

Xi Duan was silent.

Duan Shu Tong peeked one eye out from behind the phone. "It wasn't you?"

Xi Duan was expressionless. "The screen of the mobile phone is black."

Duan Shu Tong: "..."

He quickly turned on the screen of his mobile phone, but he did not let Xi Duan look at it. Instead, he lowered his arm and placed the phone on his knee, pretending to be relaxed and casual. "The Xi Corporation made two large purchases of the Spring Flower series. Whose decision was it?"

"It was me." Xi Duan never thought of hiding the truth, but he also did not intend to take the initiative to say it.

Duan Shu Tong lowered his eyes and rubbed his thumb against the edge of his phone case. "Thank you. But why?"

"It's an employee benefit," Xi Duan paused. "They like it very much."

The latter half of his response was a cover up, but it only made it more conspicuous. Beside himself, no one else could tell.

Duan Shu Tong smiled and stopped talking.

"What are you listening to?" The man's deep and magnetic voice penetrated his eardrums and reached his heart.

Duan Shu Tong sat up straight. His peach blossom eyes widened a little. "A crosstalk, do you want to listen?" He held out an earphone to Xi Duan. The other man looked at the earphone lying in the center of his pale palm.

Xi Duan knew about crosstalk, but he only watched it on TV when he was a child. Later, he didn't have the time or inclination to do so.

Faced with the young man's invitation, he couldn't refuse, so he reached out to grasp the earphone.

Cool fingertips collided with a warm palm, and in an instant, sparks flew. Duan Shu Tong's heart jumped. His hand subconsciously retracted, but Xi Duan had yet to hold on tight to the earphone and it fell under the seat.

The two of them bent over at the same time to retrieve the earphone, leaning towards each other, their heads met in mid-air. Duan Shu Tong was a little faster, so his head a bit lower than Xi Duan's.

A warm breath brushed against his ears.

After blinking and realizing what had happened, the young man's mind exploded with a bang, and he completely lost all intellect. He just stopped there, helplessly in a daze. The ear that was touched just now seemed to be soaked in peach blossom juice, and it was completely flushed red.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

In Duan Shu Tong's mind, the only thing left was the screeching of a groundhog. Every breath he exhaled was hot.

His hand reacted faster than his brain. It rapidly picked up the earphone and put it back into his ear. Then he leaned back and turned his face towards the window. He put up a pretense of relaxing with his eyes closed.

"I forgot that you still have to work. I'll just listen to it myself."

Xi Duan: "..."

In fact, Xi Duan was not faring much better than Duan Shu Tong. His mind was a little blank. It was as if a fire was lit in his heart, and the more he tried to put it out, the more it burned.

The young man was avoiding him like he was a poisonous snake or scorpion. It felt like receiving a dipper full of cold water to the face, cooling him all the way to the soul.

There was no more conversation for the rest of the journey.

When the car arrived at the hotel, Duan Shu Tong's mood had calmed back down. After getting off the car, he walked alongside Xi Duan, but did not get too close.

There were two hundred companies from all over the country participating in this exhibition.

The Hai City organizer for the event arranged for all the people from outside of Hai City to stay in a luxurious hotel. Generally, those who came from the same region were situated in the same area of the hotel.

The Duan family and Xi family were both from Yan City, and the industry knew that the two had a good relationship, so they specifically arranged for their room numbers to be next to each other.

Duan Shu Tong held the room card and was about to swipe the card to enter the room when Xi Duan said, "Will we have dinner together later?"

The corridor was empty, and the man's voice was low and slow, and under the resonance of his chest, it became more and more magnetic and bewildering.

As if bewitched, Duan Shu Tong nodded his head.

"Okay."