61- Do you still like her?

Chapter 61 – Do You Still Like Her?

On Friday night, Duan Shu Tong and Pei Ruo Wei arrived at the restaurant where the company had made a reservation.

During this period of time, the Spring and Autumn Hall's business has exploded. Zhai Jun has a lot of money this time, so the restaurant he chose was one of the best in Shan Quan County.

The employees of the company have been working at the Spring and Autumn Hall for so long, but there were rarely times of such excitement. Everyone was super lively and energetic.

When Duan Shu Tong and Pei Ruo Wei arrived, most of the people were already there.

As soon as the two entered the private room, Zhai Jun raised a glass and shouted, "Come, come, come, everyone let's toast our two MVPs!"

The others obeyed the order. The clanking and scrapping of chairs sounded as everyone stood up, making a big fanfare of the whole thing. Duan Shu Tong was not used to it. And contrary to what one might expect, Pei Ruo Wei was a little uncomfortable. She smiled shyly, picked up the glass of warm water that someone had poured for her, and alongside Duan Shu Tong, they returned the toast to everyone.

When the two of them stood together – the man was handsome and the woman was beautiful – they looked like a well-matched couple.

Some female employees who were farther away gathered together and started gossiping in whispers.

"Director Duan is so handsome, he seems even more handsome today."

"Yeah, yeah. When we're at work, he's always holed up in the laboratory, so it's hard to see him. But I can finally feast my eyes on him today!"

"Designer Pei is also very beautiful. I have only seen her photos before, but I didn't expect the real person to look even better than the photos."

"I heard that she's pregnant. I wonder if it's Director Duan's. Hehehe."

"Don't joke about stuff like that. I'm a very good judge of people. There is no ambiguous atmosphere between them. They should just be friends."

Duan Shu Tong did not intend to drink too much, but he had something on his mind so he was bit awkward. When someone toasted him, he didn't want to refuse, so he drank cup after cup.

Although there was a smile on his face, Pei Ruo Wei could see that he was not happy.

Taking advantage of the time when everyone was entertaining themselves, she approached Duan Shu Tong and asked with concern, "Is something wrong?"

Duan Shu Tong was already a little drunk. He looked over with hazy eyes and asked, "What about me?"

The young man was handsome. His flushed cheeks did not make him seem like a rascal, instead it looked unexpectedly cute. The gentleman who was usually bright and sunny now squinted his eyes slightly, like a lazy cat hiding his thoughts.

Pei Ruo Wei was amused by the unbidden thoughts that came to her mind. She shook her head. "It's nothing."

Having been with this person for so long, she has long seen that the current Young Master Duan didn't have the slightest bit of male-female affection for her, so his current preoccupation was definitely not because of her.

She did not have a hobby of prying into other people's private business. Since Duan Shu Tong did not want to talk, then she would not continue to ask.

Although Zhai Jun was not as perceptive as Pei Ruo Wei, he was still watching over Duan Shu Tong very carefully and prudently, so when he saw the young man leaning against a chair and drowning his sorrows in alcohol he sneaking leaned towards him and clinked their glasses together.

"Is this celebration banquet not to your liking, Young Master Duan?"

Duan Shu Tong smiled and shook his head, "The celebration banquet is very good."

Perhaps it was because the alcohol had rushed to this head and he was feeling tipsy, or perhaps it was because it was the first time he felt such a queer feeling towards someone, but he urgently needed to find someone to talk to. Thus, he made an effort to keep his eyes opened. Clenching the glass tightly in his hand, he sighed deeply and opened his mouth, "If I want to do a project, but reason tells me that I shouldn't do this project, that it's not good for anyone if I were to proceed with it, should I still do it?"

Zhai Jun was all muddleheaded when he heard this. The treasured prince of the Duan family could have such worries?

"Is it a lack of funds or a lack of talents?"

Duan Shu Tong was stunned for a moment. Then he laughed at himself, waved his hand, and didn't talk anymore.

Why was he telling someone else about this? Cannot meant cannot. How could there be so many what ifs? What? Was his career not going well, or was it no good just being friends?

But thinking of the hug in the kitchen that night, Duan Shu Tong took another sip of liquor in depression.

That's it. He was going to move out tomorrow!

When the celebration banquet ended, Duan Shu Tong was already dizzy from drinking so much. He leaned against the tabletop with sleep-heavy eyes.

If Pei Ruo Wei hadn't stopped him, he would have drunk himself to unconsciousness long ago.

Zhai Jun was about to call a cab to take the two back to their places when the phone on the table rang. He looked at the screen and saw that the caller was "Uncle Xi."

It wasn't appropriate for him to pick it up, so he signaled to Pei Ruo Wei.

It was evident that Duan Shu Tong no longer had the capability to answer the phone, so she had no choice but to answer the call. "Mr. Xi."

The person on the other end of the phone was obviously stunned.

"Miss Pei? Where is Duan Shu Tong?"