Chapter 5 - Carpooling with Male Lead 3

After reliving past experiences with the original host's relatives and friends in the dreams, they imprinted upon his soul. Right now, he was precisely Duan Shu Tong. While enjoying the love and protection of his family and friends, he also had the obligation to protect them in turn.

Of course, the line of career was unwavering.

Duan Sheng Ye had returned home from work and was sitting on the sofa reading the economic news. When he saw Duan Shu Tong walking down the stairs, he hummed a sound but said nothing.

Dong Han Yue grabbed Duan Shu Tong's arm and looked at him with concern, "Tong Tong, this time you were indeed in the wrong for driving under the influence. Your dad reacted in a fit of anger. He didn't mean it when he said he was sending you to Shan Quan County."

Chairman Duan was hurt and his expression twisted. He refused to give in. "He must go! And those credits cards must be confiscated to avoid him spending money recklessly everyday!"

Even if his wife demanded that they sleep in separate rooms because of this, he still had to make this stupid son of his suffer a bit. Shan Quan County was not a high consumption area. Just giving him some living expenses would be enough and still have money to spare.

The drunk driving incident was just a fuse. Duan Sheng Ye had long wanted to temper his son. His Duan family's foundation was to be handed over to his children in the future. He didn't want to not be able to die in peace when he got old.

The former Young Master Duan might not understand his old man's meaning, but the current Duan Shu Tong understood it very well.

Holding a tea cup in his hand, he said seriously, "Dad, Mom, I will go to Shan Quan County."

Seeing his sincere attitude, Duan Sheng Ye relaxed a little and asked casually, "Which department are you going to?"

According to him the Human Resources Department and the Marketing Department were both not bad.

"Research and Development Department," Duan Shu Tong said, resolute and decisive.

Duan Sheng Ye was stunned for a moment and then he scowled. "What are you going to the R&D Department for? You are going to manage the company in the future. I'm having you go there to exercise at the grass-roots level, not to let you waste time away in the R&D Department."

Obviously, in the eyes of Chairman Duan, the R&D Department there was already a pool of stagnant water. The reason why it was still there was because it was the industry left by their ancestors, and it was not good to just cut it off.

It wasn't that he didn't try to reform it, but the results yielded were very little.

Nowadays, the Duan family was a giant corporation, and Father Duan no longer took that bit of legacy in Shan Quan County seriously anymore.

Duan Shu Tong's expression was calm. He countered, "Isn't Big Sis doing well?"

"What does this have to do with your sister? Don't change the subject!" Father Duan started to get angry again.

Duan Shu Tong was not afraid at all. "Everyone could see Sister's achievements after she joined the company. She is very suitable for managing the company. I studied medicine. I don't know anything about managing. Give the Duan family to her. What are you worried about?"

"What is this bastard saying?!" Duan Sheng Ye felt like all of his loving intentions were broken into pieces and reduced to dregs. "Your sister is your sister. You are you."

Right now, this brat could still rely on the family, but after he dies and his daughter gets a family, whom else would Duan Shu Tong be able to lean on?

He believed in his daughter's character, but after getting married and having her own family, there would always be some things that she could not take care of. Moreover, men needed to be self-reliant. As a father, he did not have the right to make his daughter take care of her little brother.

Duan Shu Tong understood his thoughts and did not plan to persuade him right now, so he took a step back. "Dad, I'm not going to the R&D Department to mess around."

"Explain."

"What I studied was medicine. The Spring and Autumn Hall in Shan Quan County is the foundation our ancestors left behind. In these years, it has gradually declined. Before, you have also thought of following the trends and setting it on the rails of the skincare industry. But right now, the variety of skincare products has surpassed the number of carps in the river. If the skincare product does not have any special results, consumers won't close the bill."

Duan Sheng Ye nodded. "That's right."

Their Duan family ancestors had served as imperial physicians of court, and they knew a little bit about how noble people maintained themselves. At that time, they chose to specialize in this field for this reason.

But there were too many skincare products on the market, and the products developed by the Spring and Autumn Hall were not enough to surpass the advantages of other brands, so they could only gradually decline.