Chapter 39 - Move in With Me

In the original book, after learning that Pei Ruo Wei was pregnant, Young Master Duan took her to a secret residence and stayed with her all the time.

At that time Li Xiao's mother found out about Pei Ruo Wei's existence. In order to guarantee the marriage between the Li and Lin families, Mrs. Li forced Pei Ruo Wei to leave Li Xiao.

Pei Ruo Wei had no alternatives. She could only feel sad and depressed by herself.

In this kind of situation, as a supporting male lead, Young Master Duan naturally had to show off his value.

Now that this second male lead had opted to withdraw from the race, and the male lead was not a reliable man, that left only Xi Duan as the most suitable candidate.

During Pei Ruo Wei's pregnancy, Xi Duan continued to silently be her pillar of support, and even remained single all his life for her sake. When Duan Shu Tong read this, he was so moved that he almost cried out loud.

As for when Xi Duan said that he would give up [on Pei Ruo Wei] when he was in the hospital, it must have been because he considered Duan Shu Tong a friend, and did not have the heart to fight with him over a woman.

"If you want to be free from disturbances, it's better to find a well-secured community." Xi Duan's words interrupted Duan Shu Tong's imagination.

Xi Duan did not know the arrangement of the kitchen, so Duan Shu Tong put away the washed tableware, and then led Xi Duan out into the living room.

"A well-secured community, I can only think of our places here."

This was the villa area for the rich, and it was not easy for outsiders to come in.

Xi Duan slowly wiped away the water between his fingers with a tissue, his expression faint: "Do you want her to live with you?"

He ruthlessly hit the nail on the head.

Duan Shu Tong was still quite sensitive to other people's emotions. Seeing that Xi Duan's mood was a little low, a light bulb sparked in his head, and he quickly explained with a smile: "Of course not, rather than living at my place, it's better to live at yours."

Xi Duan must have thought that Duan Shu Tong would do whatever it took to take advantage of an opportunity and seize Pei Ruo Wei's love.

He was not [taking advantage], and he did not [take advantage] either!

The "jealous" President Xi raised his head to look at him for a few seconds and then said, "It's not appropriate for a single man and a single woman to live together.

Duan Shu Tong: "Isn't Cen-ge and Liu-ge also there?"

Xi Duan threw the tissue into the trashcan, and then he straightened up, and said condescendingly, "That's even more inappropriate."

"Are you worried about damaging her reputation?" Duan Shu Tong did not want to raise his head to talk, so he took a few steps back and looked straight on at Xi Duan.

The young man's gaze was completely confused, and there was no sign of nostalgia for Pei Ruo Wei. Xi Duan could see this clearly, but it was precisely because he could see clearly that he was puzzled by the inexplicable emotions in his heart.

"Since you have chosen to give up, why are you still so concerned about her affairs?" Xi Duan felt that this was probably what he didn't understand.

Duan Shu Tong was very serious about explaining himself. "Because she is talented and her innate skill is also good. This time, she helped me a lot with the new product. I want to hire her."

It's not that he had never thought about avoiding suspicion, but compared with career development, avoiding suspicion was not so important.

Moreover, it wasn't like he came into contact with Pei Ruo Wei every day. At most, they talked about work through WeChat.

Since his conscience was clear, why did he have to avoid suspicion?

The young man's calm and clear gaze made the inexplicable emotions in Xi Duan's heart dissipate, and his fingers couldn't help but bounce a few times on his pants.

"Actually, there is a way to get the best of both worlds."

Duan Shu Tong's eyes widened slightly, "How so?"

As if he had no selfish motives, President Xi said solemnly: "You move to my place."

Duan Shu Tong: ??? Huh?

Once he said those words out loud, Xi Duan did not feel any more psychological burden. Xi Duan met Duan Shu Tong's surprised gaze, and without showing any timidity, he said: "It's not suitable for her to live with either of us. She moves into your place, and you move in to live with me. Then that would solve everything."

It seems... like it made sense?

Duan Shu Tong thought for a second, and then nodded: "That is also a solution."

Pulling down his rolled up sleeves, Xi Duan showed a smile for the first time, "It's late now. I'll go back first. Thank you for the supper. After you have decided on a time to move, let me know."

Having said that, he opened the door and left.