63- I like... knitting wool

Chapter 63 – I Like... Knitting Wool (Yigeng*) (25.1)

[*T/N: 一更 yigeng – first of the five night watch periods 19:00-21:00 a.k.a. 7 PM-9PM]

"I like..." With misty eyes, Duan Shu Tong mumbled two words.

The drinking straw that Xi Duan had pinched between his thumb and index finger was suddenly flattened. Xi Duan could see how thirsty the young man look, so he suppressed the feeling of stuffiness in his chest and brought the straw right up to the young man's lips.

Unexpectedly, the young man assumed a gloomy expression, "...knitting wool!"

After speaking, he immediately grabbed the mouth of the straw and drank the water impatiently. Because he was drowsy, his eyes were half-closed, and his cheeks were bulging, which looked quite cute.

Xi Duan's expression softened a little. While holding the glass of water for Duan Shu Tong in one hand, he took out his mobile phone in the other and asked Cen Ning on WeChat: What does knitting wool mean?

After receiving the message, Cen Ning was full of question marks. Was the boss possessed by something?

He didn't know what Xi Duan was asking at all, but he couldn't not answer, so he quietly went to Liu Zhi Fei's room to discuss it with him.

"What do you think President Xi means?"

Liu Zhi Fei was playing games with his head down. He turned his head to look at Cen Ning, and said absentmindedly, "A piece of wool?"

Cen Ning: "Do you think the boss would ask such a mentally retarded question?"

There must be something odd about it.

Liu Zhi Fei, who was immersed in the game, suddenly put down his mobile phone and sighed, "Damn, I just formed a team with someone. He was so eloquent with his words, so I thought that he must be good at the game, but turns out he was nothing but a wool, ah!"

Cen Ning turned his head faintly: "What did you just say?"

"I teamed up with a loser."

"The last thing you said."

Cen Ning figured something out. His eyes lit up and he immediately replied to Xi Duan: I need the context.

Xi Duan replied almost in seconds: I like... knitting wool.

Cen Ning: That means I don't like!

As soon as he sent the message, he suddenly realized something and panicked immediately. President Xi definitely was not asking this casually. If someone else said this to President Xi, then it's still fine if he didn't understand, but if he understood, wouldn't it....

While his little heart was beating wildly, another message on WeChat came through.

He looked down nervously. Eh???

The boss actually sent him a red envelope*! He didn't understand why but he was still filled with expectation as he clicked into it. Two hundred yuan! It was the greatest denominator that one could send with the red envelope!

[*T/N: Apparently you can send money to people through WeChat, and it goes through as a red envelope, like the kind that is used on Chinese New Years.]

President Xi was such a wonderful boss! What was sent was not money, it was friendship!

On one side, Cen Ning was happy. On the other side, Xi Duan was also happy.

The dullness and depression in his heart dissipated quickly, and the space that he thought was cramped and gloomy seemed to be bright and spacious all of a sudden.

This is great, he thought.

During the time that he was texting, Duan Shu Tong had finished drinking the glass of water. He leaned back in bed. Xi duan thought he was going to sleep, so he put down the glass of water, and reached out to cover him with the blanket, only to see the young man sit up suddenly.

"What's wrong?"

"I need the bathroom."

Duan Shu Tong put on his slippers dazedly and found his way to the bathroom based on memory and touch. Without even closing the door, he started to unfasten his pants.

Xi Duan: !!!

He hurriedly picked up the glass, rushed out of the room at a sprint speed of one hundred meters, and closed the door behind him. But after taking a few steps away, he stopped again.

Shu Tong was drunk. What if he accidentally slipped? And didn't he hurt his waist a few days ago?

Worried, Xi Duan returned to the door of the room and waited a minute outside before reopening the door to enter.

The wall lamp in the room was opened, bathing the interior in a hazy halo.

The young man was lying on his side atop the bed without the blanket covering him. The hem of his off-white T-shirt was rolled up, and from Xi Duan's perspective, he could see a sliver of the young man's slender waist.

It looked fair, supple, and strong.

It was just that there was a shocking splotch of purple on that waist.

Even after several days the bruising had yet to dissipated. It must have been a strong collision with the washstand. Xi Duan was a little helpless and a little remorseful, feeling like he didn't care enough about the young man.

He walked over to the bed on light feet, pulled up the blanket, and covered Duan Shu Tong with it. Then he remembered something. From his pocket, he pulled out Duan Shu Tong's mobile phone and placed it near the bed.

Then Xi Duan turned off the light and closed the door behind him on the way out.