66- Love is born in the dark

Chapter 66 – Love is Born in the Dark (Ergeng*) (26.1)

[*T/N: 二更 ergeng – second of the five night watch periods 21:00-23:00]

Shopping alone, Duan Shu Tong was keenly aware of his status as a single dog. Seeing all the happy couples milling about felt like a personal attack. But when he passed by a skincare product counter and saw that Spring Flower No. 1 was doing very well, his mood instantly brightened.

Duan Shu Tong suddenly had an idea. Most young men and women often stay up late nowadays, so why not make a couple's eye cream. As long as the effect of the product was good, the sales should not be too bad.

After Spring Flower No. 2 hits the market, unless there was some special circumstance, Duan Shu Tong was unlikely to develop any more skincare products. The Spring and Autumn Hall's skincare line was definitely going to be handed over to He Run. He heard that He Run's fighting spirit was high lately and he just so happened to be working on a new eye cream at the moment. It would be better to go communicate his idea to He Run.

After returning home, Duan Shu Tong tidied up his room and found that he received a lot of messages on WeChat. When he clicked into it he saw names like "Jiao Jiao," "Yan Yan," "Xue Xue," etc. Their messages were emojis of either roses or lips. It would seem that they were hoping to rekindle their prior entanglements.

Duan Shu Tong: ...

These "ex-girlfriends" were probably reminiscing. On this holiday of love, they recalled Young Master Duan's previous generosity. After all, Young Master Duan spent quite a lot of money on them.

Duan Shu Tong decisively dragged all of their contacts into the blacklist.

Bored, he leaned back against the sofa and swiped through the Moments*. As a result, he was bombarded with all the sweetness on Moments. Even his dear mother didn't let him go.

[*T/N: Moments = a social networking function of the smartphone app WeChat]

Dong Han Yue took a photo. In the photo was a man over fifty years old. He wore loose house clothes and had an apron tied around his waist. He held a kitchen knife in one hand and had his back turned towards the camera as he prepared food.

There was no text accompanying the photo, just a happy face emoji.

The picture was very warm and romantic. Duan Shu Tong couldn't help tapping the like button.

When Dong Han Yue received the like from him, she immediately sent a WeChat message to him: Tong Tong, how did you spend today?

Duan Shu Tong smiled. Ms. Dong, this was indeed a public display of affection!

Reply: I went to the mall to do some shopping.

Dong Han Yue sent him a comforting expression, followed by her sincere and earnest wishes: Son, look, how wonderful it is to get married.

Duan Shu Tong, who was caught off guard and urged to get marry: ...

Ms. Dong, I'm afraid to say that your son may never get married in this life.

He slumped back on the sofa, with a hopeless expression on his face, and replied slowly: Mom, you know so many girls, are there any suitable ones?

Xi Yu did help him carry stuff, so he should keep his end of the bargain. It was better to get his mother to be the matchmaker than himself.

Dong Han Yue: Tong Tong, you want to get married?!!! [Fireworks] [Fireworks] [Fireworks]

Duan Shu Tong: No. It's Xi Yu. He wanted me to help him find an auntie, so I'm asking if you know any suitable ladies to introduce them to Xi Duan.

After a good while, Dong Han Yue sent a few photos along with a reply: There aren't really that many matches that are suitable for your Uncle Xi. I looked around for a long time. These are the ones with good looks, education, and family background.

Duan Shu Tong rubbed at his chest. It felt stuffy and uncomfortable. He opened up the first photo, looked at it for a few seconds, and then replied: Her eyes are a little small. Not suitable.

Second photo: Too gaudy. Not a good match.

Third photo: She looks a bit delicate. I don't think so.

Fourth photo: This one looked too intense. She won't complement him well.

Fifth photo: No good.

Dong Han Yue: ...Son, these aren't for you to choose. They're for your Uncle Xi to choose. How about asking for his opinion?

She thought all of these women were pretty good. Why was her son being so picky?

Duan Shu Tong laid the phone flat on his chest, and after a long sigh, he started to send a few photos to Xi Yu: Show them to your uncle.

Xi Yu: Duan-ge, your efficiency it too high! [Heart] [Heart] [Heart]

However, he didn't know that his Duan-ge had already shield up his heart with walls. He sent the photos over to Xi Duan: Uncle, which one do you think looks good?

After a while, Xi Duan replied: You're not allowed to date while you're still a minor.

Xi Yu: ...It's not me who wants to date. It's you who needs to date.

As soon as Xi Yu sent this message he received a call from Xi Duan.

"Where did you get these photos?" Xi Duan asked.

He didn't know the women in the photos, but they looked familiar to him. He seemed to have seen them at a few cocktail parties. They were all juniors brought along by this company's boss or that company's boss, but he didn't pay much attention to them.

So how could Xi Yu have their photos?

Xi Duan's serious tone made Xi Yu feel a little intimidated. Thus, Xi Yu sold out his dear Duan-ge without hesitation, "Duan-ge sent them to me."

Xi Duan's tone dropped a few octaves, "Why did he send you these photos?"

The teenager stammered: "I, I asked him to help me find an auntie..."

"Pack your bags today," through the phone the man's voice sounded cold and subdued, "Sending you back to Yan City tomorrow."

After he finished talking, he hung up the call without further ado.

The teenager listened to the busy tone coming from the phone in a stupor. Did he do something wrong again?

With a depressed mood, he sought Duan Shu Tong out for some comfort: I sent the photos to my uncle, but my uncle seems very unhappy, and said he's sending me back tomorrow.

Duan Shu Tong, who was lying on the sofa like a salted fish, sat up from the sofa at once. He read Xi Yu's message over and over several times before replying with a smile: In that case, let's put the matter of looking for a auntie to the side for now. It's not something that can be rushed.

There was a moment where Duan Shu Tong thought his happiness over the situation didn't seem too upright, but he couldn't help it.