58- A nostalgic foavor

Chapter 58 – A Nostalgic Flavor

After successfully coaxing Xi Duan to sleep, Duan Shu Tong went back downstairs while massaging his sore waist. He got a glass of water for himself, and then went about tidying up the countertop and wiping the floor dry before slowly returning to his room.

Inside his room, he lifted up the hem of his shirt and twisted his body around to look at his waist. Sure enough, there was a bruise on his lower back, and it hurt even without touching it.

Just as he was about to take a shower, his cell phone on the bedside table rang. He glanced at the caller ID. It was an unfamiliar number from Yan City.

He didn't bother to answer it. He just continue to sort through his clothes for something to change into until the phone stopped ringing. But in the next second, the phone rang again.

Duan Shu Tong could only pick up the call.

"Can you remove me from your blacklist?" Li Xiao's voice sounded over the phone. His voice was low and it sounded like he was speaking through gritted teeth.

Duan Shu Tong raised his eyebrows, "Take you off the blacklist and let you make harassing calls every day?"

Li Xiao: "..."

He sighed deeply. His tone suddenly became much weaker, and his voice seemed very tired, "As you wish. I just wanted to ask, has Ruo Wei moved out?"

"Yes."

Li Xiao tugged at his hair, feeling irritable yet helpless at the same time.

"Is she living with you?"

"No." Duan Shu Tong certainly didn't want anyone gossiping about him. "She lives alone. Is there anything else? If there's nothing else, then I'm hanging up."

"Wait a moment!"

Li Xiao has never been so embarrassed before. After canceling the engagement with Lin Man Man, the Li family and Lin family entered into a cold war. In order to seek justice for his sister, Lin Huan kept targeting him.

He was not yet in power in the Li family. Li Xiao was only in charge of a subsidiary of the Li family, and it was meant to be a stepping-stone for future promotion. But now, because of Lin Huan's existence, his company has encountered a lot of problems, and it has been battered incessantly during this period of time.

Going through tribulations makes a person mature.

The man who used to be invincible and looked like a god in front of Pei Ruo Wei gradually realized that the world did not revolve around him.

Duan Shu Tong waited for his next words.

The man's harsh voice passed through the line and rang in his eardrums, "I hurt her many times before, and I failed to give her support when she needed it. And I almost... I deserve it if she doesn't forgive me, but Duan Shu Tong, I don't want to admit defeat."

"Oh."

"She likes me, and the child she is carrying is mine too." Li Xiao paused, "I won't ask you to take good care of her, I just ask that you don't hurt her because of it."

Duan Shu Tong was speechless, "I'm hanging up."

"Duan Shu Tong!" Li Xiao hurriedly said, "Take good care of her!"

[T/N: Boy, didn't you just say you wouldn't say that... -_-]

Duan Shu Tong hung up the phone and sneered. Now that man knew to be anxious? What the heck was he doing before then?

The next morning, Duan Shu Tong's biological clock woke him up on time. He sat up as usual, but there was a sudden pain in his waist, and he almost lay back down.

When he parted his clothes to take a look at his waist, it seemed like the bruise had gotten more purple. It seemed like he would have to Uncle Sun for some medicinal wine* later.

[*T/N: medicinal wine – from traditional Chinese medicine. You rub it over a bruise to help the blood disperse.]

When Duan Shu Tong went downstairs for breakfast, he kept his hand on his waist as support. He thought that it would be the same as usual, that he would only be dining together with Uncle Sun, but unexpectedly, he saw the Xi family's uncle and nephew pair sitting on the sofa.

The two of them occupied opposite ends of the sofa, sitting at a distance that was neither too far nor too close. When they heard movement on the stairs, they both raised their heads at the same time and fixed their gazes on Duan Shu Tong.

Duan Shu Tong: ...

This was really stressful.

He smiled and said hello. He put down the hand that supported his waist, and tried to keep his walking posture as normal as possible.

Unexpectedly, Cen Ning, who was just coming out of the kitchen, saw through him and said, "Young Master Duan, what did you do last night? Did you injure your waist?"

Duan Shu Tong: ...Yesterday night, I came downstairs for a drink of water, but I ran into your drunken boss and knocked against the edge of the counter while helping him, and thus injured my waist.

Could he answer like that?

Absolutely not!

After all, judging from Xi Duan's appearance, it was clear that he didn't remember what had happened last night, and speaking it out loud would only add to the embarrassment.