Chapter 1: Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"Nothing is impossible." Oogway states matter-of-factly.

Shifu stares in horror for a second before reacting. "Zeng!" he calls.

The goose from earlier flies into the room as Shifu gets in his face.

"Fly to Chorh-Gom Prison and tell them to double the guards, double their weapons. Double everything! Tai Lung does not leave that prison!" Shifu demands hastily.

"Yes, Master Shifu!" Zeng responds as he flies off, but then hits a column. With a honk, he recorrects himself as he exits.

Oogway is then seen walking away from Shifu.

"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it." he mutters cryptically.

Shifu rushes back to Oogway. "W-we have to do something. We can't just let him march on the Valley and take his revenge! He'll, he'll-"

Oogway looks into the water of the Moon Pool. "Your mind is like this water, my friend. When it is agitated, it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear."

As Shifu and Oogway stare into the pool, Oogway settles the water with his staff, revealing the reflection of an intricately carved dragon clutching a scroll in its mouth.

Shifu looks up at the dragon with awe. "The Dragon Scroll..."

Oogway looks up with Shifu. "It is time." Oogway confirms.

Shifu looks at Oogway. "But who? Who is worthy to be trusted with the secret to limitless power? To become... the Dragon Warrior?"

Oogway pauses with a smile. "I don't know." He responds, causing Shifu to stare at him.

-

"We have two orders of beans buns for Table 5, an order of Chow Mein for Table 2, and a Secret Ingredient Soup for Table 6!" A male voice calls out, the dishes in question being set on a wooden countertop by a feathered hand.

"Gotcha Mr. Ping! Taking them over now!" a younger, teenage male voice calls out in response, as a small blue paw with a silver bump on the back of it snatching the previously mentioned dishes one after another into their outstretched arms. The individual places the latter of the dishes atop his blue-furred head, his short blue ears helping hold the soup in place as he grabs the other bowls. He stands on his toes of his black feet as he walks away with the orders with a hop in his step, his blue tail swaying as he turns towards his destination. The top of his head is seen passing by some wooden tables as he walks by, the tables occupied by various patrons, composed of pigs and bunnies, conversing with one another as they eat from similarly styled bowls.

He stops at a nearby table, sliding two dishes to a pair of pigs whose attention is drawn by the action. "Two bean buns." The young waiter calls out, before moving on to a table further back and across the aisle where a young bunny sits with their mother.

"One order of Chow Mein." he says, laying the dish before them as the two smile. The waiter then proceeds over to another table with the last bowl to another pig customer.

"And one order of Special Ingredient Soup!" he says, bringing the bowl down with both hands to place on the table. As the bowl descends, we see a small canine-like face with a black "mask" that leads into strange ear-like projections from the sides of his head, with sharp red eyes smiling back. Around his neck is a yellow collar, he wears a cream-colored tank top with a navy-blue Gi wrapped around his hips beneath a small apron with a bowl of noodles on it. His Gi transitions to black from below the waist and blends into his black feet.

"Thanks, Riley!" The female pig patron responds, thanking the now-named waiter for bringing over the meal.

This was Riley. A Riolu hailing from another nation who decided to travel around China, having decided to stick around the Valley of Peace for the past three weeks and helping out the owner of this noodle restaurant in order to make some coin during his stay.