Chapter 23: Words hurt

Začít od začátku

He lowered himself to my level, and just as he was about to do something... the door opened. It was... Kamek? Kamek poofed next to Bowser, looked at me, and whispered something in his ear.

Bowser looked at me before whispering something back. His expression went angry as he was whispering. I wonder what they were whispering about.

"But Sire..." - K

"You've heard me." - B

Kamek sighed and poofed away. Bowser looked back at me again. "What was that about?" I asked out of curiosity.

"You don't have to know."

He's right... but I still want to know it. He turned his back to me and walked out of the room. There's definitely something going on here!

I looked around the room to see if there were any vents. I found one, but it was up pretty high. It was above the closet. I could try to climb the closet, but that would be useless.

I walked to the chairs and grabbed both of them. Hmm, too short. I looked around, the desk! Won't the desk be heavy? Ah, who cares.

I went over to the desk and struggled for a while. It was finally standing there. I put his chair in front of it and my chair on top of it.

I got onto the chair and hopped onto the desk. As I was getting onto the second chair, I realised the desk was shaky. I wasn't high enough.

I got onto the tippity top of the chair and reached for the top of the closet. I finally got it, and so I pulled myself up. I looked at the vent and saw that it was already unscrewed.

I got into the vent and climbed around in it until I heard 2 familiar voiced. Bowser and Kamek.

I got closer to the side that I heard them coming from. I could almost hear their conversation. But I wanted to fully hear it... so I went over to the vents opening and listened through there.

"Sire, you and I both now know his weakness! Why do you not want to harm the green one? Do you and him have something?" - K

"No! I wouldn't have something with someone like him. Peach is the only one I love! But we already hurt him last time, and we both saw how that ended." - B

"Yes indeed, we won for our first time." - K

"But they still escaped!" - B

"Doesn't mean they will again. We'll weaken that Mario with anything we possibly can." - K

Bowser sighed, "Fine. But we won't hurt Luigi too badly. Last time, it took him ages to even wake up."

Kamek smiled, "Are you certain you don't have any feelings for him? You seem to care about him."

"I don't have feelings for someone as pathetic as him! And I only 'care' because our plan has to go right. I would never care for him! I'm just making it seem like I do, just to break his tiny little heart to pieces!" - B

"What a great and evil plan, Sire!" - K

What... I- he- no... he was just playing with my feelings this whole time? But what about... that was an act, too!?

My thoughts got interrupted by the fact that Bowser was leaving. I quickly went through the vents and back into the room. I put the vent back on while it was still loose.

I looked down and carefully tried to get on top of the chair again. I let go of the closet, and as I did that, the door opened. He opened it loudly enough to make it all even more shaky, I tried to grab the closet again.

It all fell down. This time, I wasn't caught by him. I fell badly on my left side. Even my head hit the floor. I could feel myself getting light-headed.

Just as I heard him getting closer to me, I lost consciousness.

[Bowser's POV]

I picked him up and looked at him. What the hell was he even doing? I shouldn't have been thinking so much. I could've caught him!

Instead, I just stood there and watched as he fell down. I got onto the bed and put a light on so I could see him better. I took off his hat and moved my finger over his head.

Thankfully, there was no blood. I put his hat next to me and looked at his arm. I gently took off his shirt because I couldn't move the sleeve.

I looked at his arm. It had bruises and even some blood. Just as I was about to check if his leg had any damage, Junior came into the room.

He ran over to me, "Was he the one who made all that noise?" I nodded, "He fell off whatever he built in front of the closet."

"He seems hurt. Shouldn't you take him to the nursery?" - Jr.

"I should, but I want to check if it's bad first." - B

"Look at his side! You should definitely take him to the nursery." - Jr.

I hadn't even looked at his side yet. Junior was right. His side was bleeding a lot. I got up, and Junior went with me to the nursery.

I put him on the bed, and we left so the nurse could do their job. What was he even doing on that closet? Hmm...

(The end of Chapter 23)

It's very seeable what emotions I'm going through throughout the day while I write this. One time, I'm passionate. Next time, I'm sad as hell and decide to make more angst. <3