𝟑𝟎 || 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

''You better answer my questions or I fucking swear I will kill you'' There was not a hint of doubt in my words.

"Okay, okay, I will" she said too quickly, stuttering, "Just tell me what you want to know and I will"

"Allyn and The Romanos, I think that's enough for you to understand what I want to know" The malice with which I spoke made her freeze in place.

Or maybe it was because of what she just heard. Whatever the reason was, she looked as if she had seen a ghost, and her body began to tremble slightly. I was starting to lose my patience.

"Alicent, you're wasting my time" I said annoyed and she just stared at the table avoiding my gaze "Either talk or face the consequences if you don't. Either way, It's fine by me. I'm just generous enough to give you a chance to live."

"You already know I can see, what more do you want me to say?" She replied almost whispering, confirming everything I wanted to be a lie.

''I want to hear it from your mouth'' She just nodded slowly, tears falling from her eyes. I sighed heavily, running a hand through my hair. This is going to be fucking hard to listen to.

"Start from the beginning" I said, leaning back in the chair, already tired before she was even speaking"I want to know everything"

It took her at least a minute to assimilate what I said, but she knew she had no choice but to do what I told her if she wanted to live. She knew I wouldn't hesitate to kill her. And she should be happy because I'm generous enough to give her a chance to live. No one can say that shit about themselves.

She took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Few people knew that my husband and I couldn't have children. No matter how much we tried it wasn't happening. But your father knew because he was so close to my husband, they were like brothers." she said timidly, as if going back in time, remembering "We wanted to adopt a child, but we were always rejected for some reason. We wanted nothing more than to have a kid and then your father offered to help us in return for everything my husband did to help him during the years. He said he found a baby girl on the street wrapped in a blanket, but he can't take care of her because he already has the three of you.''

My father. Of course.

"My husband and I took this as a sign from God and happily agreed to take the child as our own"

"Allyn" I said without thinking

"Yes" I could see her nervously playing with her hands still avoiding my gaze "And everything was fine, we were the happiest because we had the best sweetest little girl" she smiled through tears " But Allyn started growing up and things changed. Your father started insisting that Angelo and Allyn should get married when they grow up for the good of both families, and because she knew that Angelo could provide her with a good future"

I clenched my jaw, knowing that this is messing with my fucking head more than It should.

"My husband refused at first, he didn't want to decide her life for her, he loved her more than anything in this world" her voice broke, fully crying "But then the threats towards us started. Bad people were after us. My husband not once or twice came for totally beaten up. They wanted Allyn, they were ready to do everything to take us away from us and we couldn't understand why they were after our girl. That's why my husband decided to sign the contract because he knew that your family would be able to keep Allyn safe from these people ''