Rewrite A/N : Sneak Peek #2

Chapter 9 Rewrite Preview—
"What are you doing?" Cole asked.

A final kick to the door, Kai yelled, "Dang it, Jay!"

"What seems to be the problem, Kai?" Zane held Kai back by placing his hands on his shoulders.

"Jay! That's what! He won't open his stupid door! Just open your door, Jay!" Another punch to the barrier that stood between him and the Lightning Ninja, "This is ridiculous!"

"Hmm," Hums left Zane's mouth as he reached forward and pushed the door to the side. It slid open with ease, "Did you not think to try sliding the door open? Like, how all of our doors work?"

Kai's shoulders slumped, Cole burst out laughing, "You- You didn't even try to open the door?" He chuckled, "I'm sorry, Kai. That's just so-"

As Kai sighed and Cole continued laughing, the Fire Ninja nodded, "Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up, Cole. Real funny."

Chapter 10 Rewrite Preview—
"Wait, hold up, go back a bit." He brought the glass up to his lips, letting the light wine wash down his throat, "Jay's still on the drip? I thought he went back to drinking water ages ago."

"Seriously, Kai," And the wine glass connected with her lips, "I thought that much was obvious. He's not gonna drink water as long as he can live off of an IV drip. Don't know how healthy it is since I never went to school or college for a medical degree but I'm more than sure you need actual water to live."

"I feel like I owe it to Nya to look after the idiot. He is a brother to me and would've been my brother-in-law. But I don't enjoy looking after his crap at all." Down the red, alcohol-filled liquid went again.

The redhead rolled her eyes at her boyfriend, "Firstly, I don't think you owe it to anyone. You're just a good person at heart that just cares for his friend. You know what I think?" She didn't wait for a response even though he already opened his mouth to give her one, "I think you're just using the I owe it line to cover up that you really do care for the little lightning bolt. You're both struggling, I know. She was your sister, and she was practically Jay's fiancée."

Kai shot up at the word she used, "Whoa, whoa. Go back. They were never engaged."

She shrugged before taking another gulp down, "That's not how I saw it, hotshot. They were pretty much engaged."

"They were 18 and 19! That's way too young!"

"Now you're just denying it."