Chapter 47

The following day Solenne had left before Aerilyn woke up, she went to investigate where the weapons were stolen from, from what she had heard it was a few rogue vampires, but somehow she knew there was more to it than that. Queen Solenne spoke to the guards that were stationed there but somehow they were knocked unconscious straight away, this enabled the bandits to steal the weapons without anyone realising. 

Aerilyn woke up and realised Solenne was not there, she always wanted to be in her embrace, she was alone in the room but Nilsa would only be right outside, she felt vulnerable without Solenne nearby. Aerilyn knew how fragile she was. 

It was only a moment later she heard an explosion, Nilsa burst into the room, "We need to leave now" The vampire grabbed Aerilyn's bag and pulled the girl with her. "What is going on?" Aerilyn panicked as she was dragged down the hall. "We are being attacked, we need to go home as quickly as possible", Aerilyn came to a halt. "I'm not leaving Solenne" she was adamant. Nilsa signed, and more guards were around them protecting them as they headed towards the exit. "As your protector" another explosion went off right outside the door. 

It threw them all into the air, sending Aerilyn flying, she hit her head hard. Solenne had sensed something had gone wrong. Vampires flooded in through the doors grabbing Aerilyn, and fighting the guards as they plucked her straight out from under Queen Solenne's nose.

 Solenne rushed back to the room as fast as she could but it was too late, Aerilyn had gone. Nilsa was distraught as she tried to pick up the girl's scent. "Someone must have been watching me, they saw me leave this morning", at that moment Solenne saw someone across the road through a window watching her, and she made a beeline towards them.

 Easily climbing up the building to the first floor, she smashed through the window as the vampire tried to run away. "What do you know?" she strangled the boy and lifted him up into the air, her dominance was coming to the forefront and those on the receiving end of the vampire Queen's wrath would be shown no mercy. 

The boy trembled, "They paid me to watch when you were coming in and out, I did not know it was you, your majesty", Solenne threw the boy out of the first-floor window, smashing his face into the concrete. "Who paid you?" she questioned, her patience running thin. 

Aerilyn was screaming and kicking as they dragged her away, she was disorientated due to her head being banged, and the vampires took her to the outskirts of the city to an old abandoned warehouse. Aerilyn was thrown into a room and tied to a chair to await her fate. 

Solenne had found out that the boy was paid off by Ras's right-hand guy, she knew this was not good. If Ras had her it would not be long before he killed her. 

Solenne left with a couple of highly trained guards, she told Nilsa to protect the Kingdom and command all guards to be working, looking for Aerilyn and Ras. 

Aerilyn had a bit of a concussion as a vampire entered the room, "Hello Aerilyn" he spoke. "Remember me" he taunted her. She remembered all too well. She decided not to give him what he wanted, so she stayed silent.

 He came closer to her, breathing down her neck and she writhed away from him. "Pity my dear Niece is not here, I have been waiting for this moment for a long time, to taste the blood of the whore that shares the bed with my rotten niece", his fangs elongated, and without a seconds notice he pierced Aerilyn's neck and drank her blood.

 Aerilyn screamed in pain, Ras did not have great self-control but he wanted to taunt Solenne more so he was able to stop. "Guess I know what all the fuss is about now. Guards, take a sample of her blood, we have a present to deliver", Aerilyn's head drooped as she fell unconscious. The vampires took a small sample of blood.