Chapter 10

Aerilyn wondered what had happened to everyone, was she the only one to escape, she felt a deep sense of loneliness at the thought, Aerilyn had to try and find peace with the fact she might never see them all again, especially her brother. She would now become a slave, tortured, fed from and used for sexual pleasure, this she could not get out of her head.

The worst part about losing your freedom is never having a choice, Aerilyn would lose all privileges, no more late night walks, she would not feel the grass between her toes or have the joy of laughing with her friends, reading would be impossible, that was only for the elite and food would be leftovers. You can forget a nice bed, they don't exist in the new world, she was fairly clued up on how life would be. The life of a Blood slave...harsh and brutal.

They had almost arrived back at the gates of the castle when Aerilyn started to put up a fight, trying to break free from their grasp, instinct was kicking in that she shouldn't be here, she shouldn't be going in, she would never come out again, she should be free running through the forest, feeling the fresh air on her skin, running her hands through the long grass and inhaling the scent of the outdoors, struggling to escape in her panic she hit one of the vampires in the face, the Queen sensing Aerilyn's emotions had turned around, the vampire she hit was about to raise a hand to strike her when the Queen stopped him by holding her arm up.

Unsatisfied that the guards couldn't get Aerilyn under control she stormed over to her until she was right in front of Aerilyn.

"If you do not stop fighting my men, I will let each of them feed from you and then from your family and friends when I find them" Aerilyn's eyes were bulging at this but she couldn't meet her eyes, how dare she threaten her family, she could do what she liked to her but not to them, so Aerilyn turned her head away from her, angering the Queen more.

In Aerilyn's amazement she managed to blurt out the next words "you can do anything to me but don't  hurt my family" she raised her eyes up defiantly to see Solenne raise an eye brow at Aerilyn with a slight smirk, she was also becoming impatient. Aerilyn's naivety and lack of knowledge about their customs was showing, even the guards could not believe that the girl had gotten away with looking at her in the eyes, it just never happened. 

In the blink of an eye the Queen had pulled something out as Aerilyn tried to escape her grip, the men stayed still on her command whilst she placed something around Aerilyn's neck. "I can do anything I want, such a disobedient little human, now you will not be able to get this off without my doing so, so don't even try, carry on being disrespectful and you'll be drained before you know it, try to take it off and it will alert me, eyes down and do as you are told, that will make things a lot easier for you, time to know your place pet" she spat.

Aerilyn immediately reached up to her neck, feeling something heavier placed around it.

She had collared Aerilyn, it was official, she was now the Queen's new pet, she didn't know to what extent this meant because it had barely been talked about. She was not like the girl she thought she had first met who seemed caring, no, she was a cold calculated ice Queen. 

The Queen who hadn't taken her eyes off her stepped away from Aerilyn as they carried on the journey. The rest of the way back Solenne ignored Aerilyn like she was some insignificant animal, she stayed ahead whilst Aerilyn tried to figure out where they were and the best route out of here if she should ever get the chance.

Aerilyn was hauled to the front of the castle where they met Nilsa, she had arrived back stained in blood.

Nilsa bowed in front of the Queen, keeping her eyes low, sensing how angry the Queen was due to what happened.

Nilsa immediately noticed the gold glinting collar around Aerilyn's neck, she was dumbfounded and hadn't been expecting it, this was unusual behaviour even for the Quuen.

"I am sorry you have to see me like this, but her majesty doesn't trust anyone else enough to take care of you" Aerilyn scoffed at this as Nilsa spoke to her.

"Nonsense you have proven yourself a brave soldier today" the Queen proudly admitted.

The girl stayed silent and kept her eyes down. Her husband (General Talc) chimed as well "you clearly have the skill of the Queen's private guard" he smiled at her.

"It would be an honour, I am going to get cleaned up your majesty if that is okay" Nilsa spoke.

"Of course, we shall accompany you, I will be needing you to see to my new pet"

Aerilyn sneered at this, which didn't go unnoticed, the guard shoved her a little harder.

Aerilyn followed them both up a grand stair case and off towards the west wing of the building, she was surely going to get lost if she was ever allowed to roam, it was quite minimal inside, there were portraits and paintings, nothing homely whatsoever.

They made their way into a rather large room where Nilsa made a bee line for the bathroom, it was not decorated how Aerilyn would expect it, there was a pretty floral wall, a few plants and royal green bedding. She could just about see into the bathroom which had a shower and a bath, Aerilyn couldn't believe it because that was just completely foreign to her, it had been so long since her had felt hot water run down her body, how the other half live she thought.

Aerilyn stood awkwardly not knowing what to do or how to behave, the Queen waited impatiently for Nilsa, but all the while Aerilyn could feel her cold glare on her, never once wavering, this made her all the more fidgety, so she stood playing with her hands to make herself cope with the situation.

Nilsa wiped the blood off her hands and began to wash her face, which was stained red, she came back out of the bathroom and almost wanted to laugh at how the two were stood.

"Your majesty, you must be tired, I can take things from here" the Queen looked between the two of them and curtly nodded her head.

Aerilyn watched as Solenne left, she punched a pillar causing a large dent, she must have been mad that they almost got overthrown by the resistance.

"What's with her?" Aerilyn turned to Nilsa.

"She's not happy that the resistance turned up and again she was unprotected, you must learn our ways if you are to survive here Aerilyn"

"I don't think I will last here very long, why didn't you tell me who she was?" Aerilyn brushed it off.

"You will if you listen and do as you are told, I presumed you already knew" Nilsa responded nonchalantly.

"Why are you trying to help me I make no difference to you?" Aerilyn's voice becoming hoarse because of the lack of water she had consumed.

"you will understand one day, but for now you need to take a shower, you reek" Nilsa laughed.

Nilsa made Aerilyn have a shower and see a nurse who looked over her injuries, she just told Aerilyn that she needed to rest up and that she would be fine, but no body was to feed from her until she was healed. 

This meant she had a few more days without being sucked dry. It was well into the evening when Nilsa and her were talking, so far she had treated Aerilyn as though she was her friend, it was strange, Aerilyn hadn't eaten yet, but didn't feel like it, if anything she still felt sick. 

"Is my brother alive?" Aerilyn questioned, tears threatening to spill in her eyes

"Did you see him?"   she asked again.

Nilsa was cautious "I'm sorry Aerilyn, I didn't see him"

Tears fell from Aerilyn's eyes, yet Nilsa showed her compassion, for what reason she didn't know.

"I saw Saryn, he escaped, but Alex was killed" Aerilyn was glad to know one of them had escaped but sad for Alex. She just nodded at this.

Nilsa stepped closer and leaned up slowly to wipe a tear out of Aerilyn's eye. The door opened and the Queen was about to step in until she saw the interaction.