Chapter 27

"We can't ask her that" Nilsa gestured.

"It's the only way" the doctor paused, analysing the situation.

Aerilyn was getting annoyed as they were talking about her as if she wasn't there, or so they presumed they were talking about her, she'd never seen the Queen drink from a human before and she assumed that's what she was there for. "Yes, I'll give her my blood if that's what you are asking, anything to make her better" Aerilyn would do anything to stop seeing Solenne this vulnerable it wasn't normal.

Nilsa lifted her hand up. "You don't understand Aerilyn" Nilsa warned her.

But she ignored her anyway, rolling her sleeve up, she didn't need to understand right now, she just knew she had to help.

The two vampires looked on as she sat down on the bed and placed her wrist over the Queen's mouth, her fangs dropped whilst she was in her sleep, having a mind of their own.

Aerilyn pushed her wrist into the Queen's mouth and cried out as Solenne's fangs pierced her skin, the pain quickly subsided as the Queen drank. Nilsa and the doctor came closer to make sure they could intervene if too much blood was taken.

Solenne's hand subconsciously cupped Aerilyn's arm with a firm grip as if she was in a frenzy, if she had been awake she wouldn't have been able to control herself, her blood put her into an uncontrollable state as it was.

"That's enough" the doctor pried the girls wrist out. "She will need more in the evening, thank you for what you have done" Nilsa looked on in worry at what the girl had just done.

Aerilyn became very sleepy and dizzy causing her fall into a deep sleep not long after. She had fallen asleep on the bed next to Solenne.

By time evening came around Aerilyn had awoken to dinner, which Nilsa told her she had to eat to keep her strength, following this she gave more blood to the Queen and again the next morning.

She was getting weaker and weaker with the more blood she gave, but the Queen was almost healed.

It was the next evening when the stars were at their brightest just before midnight that Aerilyn gave her more blood but it was too much, she had been alone without Nilsa or anyone around when she fell unconscious.

Solenne awoke to the girls wrist in her mouth and an unconscious Aerilyn.

She couldn't believe her eyes.

The girls pulse was weak.

Nilsa and Luanna had come in to check on them and walked into the room to find the scene. "Your majesty" she bowed.

"Not now, give me that knife, over there quickly" she commanded. She could sense the girls weak pulse as she pointed to a knife over in a draw in her room.

She wouldn't get up herself as she was holding Aerilyn's fragile but limp body.

Luanna approached cautiously, Solenne had the primal urge to bare her teeth as Luanna approached, like that of a dog and it's food.

Luanna knowingly bowed lower in submission to the Queen, showing that she was not a threat and Nilsa took a step back.

Solenne had every urge in her body to protect Aerilyn and keep her away from everyone, she wasn't herself right now and Luanna knew it. No one would touch her.

"Easy, you know I won't hurt her, I'm just handing you the knife" Solenne bared her teeth and hissed, unable to stop herself.

Luanna all but handed over the knife, practically throwing it.