Chapter 12

Louis' POV

**2 weeks later**

I stand in front of Harry as he ties my tie for me. The hearing is today. I look at him and still notice something is different.

I never asked where he went when he left the hospital that afternoon. Niall told me he came to the house but wouldn't tell me what happened.

I didn't ask.

A part of me didn't want to know. Liam. Zayne. Harry. They were all there. They were all silent now. He pats my shoulder and kisses my cheek as he walks out of the room. I watch after him. What happened?

Nate. Nick we found out. Nick Pace. He was from the states. He had a past...a pretty bad one. I wasn't the first he'd done this to. There had been girls and there had been guys. He'd never gotten caught...until now.

I sigh and follow Harry out of the room. He's waiting downstairs at the front door with his keys in his hand. What happened? I want to ask him but I don't. I watch him lock the door and frown when I see him roll his shoulder back in pain. I know there is a bruise there. It matches the busted lip and the bruise on his hip.

He walks past me and opens the passenger door. The car starts and we still don't speak. Silence. It's deafening.

"Harry."

He doesn't say anything.

"Nevermind." I sigh and look out the window.

I feel his hand on my knee. "You don't need...want to know Lou. I promise." He whispers. Is that...guilt in his voice?

The drive takes 30 minutes. We make it to the court where Niall, Liam, and Zayne are waiting outside. Niall is the only one without bruises. What happened?

Something is wrong.

He's too tense. I look over at him but his eyes are hidden with his sunglasses. He's holding my hand as we walk behind the body guards as they lead us through the crowds of photographers screaming questions...but he's too tense. The rest of them are tense too. They greet us with a hi and are you ready? I don't miss Harry's deep breath as he nods but doesn't walk forward like I do.

"Louis." I turn to look at him. "I love you."

"I love you too. Everything okay?"

He nods once. Niall opens the door and Harry stopped holding my hand. We all show our ID'S but only Ni and I are let through. I watch as they approach them.

"Harry Styles."

"Liam Payne."

"Zayne Malik."

I start to walk back to them but Niall's hand grabs my arm and he shakes his head.

"You're under arrest for assault. Do you understand the rights that have been read to you?"

They all nod as they are taken away.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED NIALL?!" I roar at him.

He looks at me and shakes his head. He pulls me forcefully into the courtroom where I see the lawyer sitting. Nick's lawyer is also present. Niall sits me down and takes a seat  behind me.

The judge walks in as does Nick. I'm not paying attention to any of it. Assault? I look at Nick and he definitely looks worse than my 3 best friends all put together.

"They'll be okay." Niall's voice whispers in my ear. "You're worth fighting for Tommo. They all know that."

"What happened?" I whisper back.