Chapter 10

Zayne's POV

I sigh when I pull up at Niall's house. I put Louis' address that H gave me into my GPS and saw it was 2 blocks from Ni. I asked if I could park my car at his place because a friend of mine had to pick me up and I didn't want to leave my car in a garage. Of course he said yes and even invited me over tonight after my meeting. Maybe I could tell him what I was doing. Would H trust him? Without a doubt. Would Ni approve? That's the gray area. He's never liked the under the table stuff...but this was for Louis. Our friend was in trouble. Big trouble.

After the long walk in which I was constantly watching my back I arrived at the gate. I considered jumping it but that would take too much work. I thought about what his code could be. His birthday...no. Harry's birthday...no. Freddie's birthday...no. Come on Malik think...important numbers...I smiled and raised my finger once again. 0928. Tada! I watch it shut behind me and fish Harry's key out of my pocket. I unlock the door and lock it behind me once I'm in.

Where do I start? It's been a while since I've done this. I decide to start in Louis bedroom. I take the stairs two at a time and look inside each one until I see the one I know would be his. It also helped that H left his bags at the end of his bed. I walk into his bathroom and look around. I open the cabinets and see some pill bottles in one. Call me Mr Curious.

Xanax.

Zoloft.

Anxiety. Depression.

I sigh again and open the bottles. One is definitely Xanax. The other one is...odd. I take a picture and send it to a buddy of mine and wait. I put the bottles in my pocket and go back into his room. I check all the pictures on his table. I check his closet. Guitar. Air vent? Hm. I grab a chair from his balcony and unscrew the vent. What the hell? I reach my hand in and close it around a circular object. It had a red dot that was silently beeping but it stopped when I pulled. I look at my hand and shake my head in disbelief...a camera. I shove it in my pocket then I jump down after putting the vent back on and chair outside.

I walk down the hallway again and stop at a door with Freddie written on it. Surely he wouldn't be that sick. I check the child's room and it's clean. Good. I'd kill him with my bare hands. I walk across the floor and see Tommo's movie room. I search every inch of it. All the seats. The screens. Pictures. 2 microphones are now pocketed with the camera and pills. Who is this dude?

BUZZ. BUZZ.

I pull my phone out and read the message from Garrett.

G: Clonazepam. Who is on that?

Z: A friend. Also on Xanax. Thanks.

G: Your friend is pretty fucked then. I wouldn't take those together. Xanax is already a tranquilizer adding in Clonazepam is just adding a stronger tranquilizer.

I am frozen. Louis is being drugged? Surely he would notice that he's not taking the right stuff. He's been on anxiety meds since 1D. I take a step but stop when I hear the front door open. Some gut instinct tells me to be quiet. I walk to the edge of the room until I'm standing at a balcony of sorts where I can see the hallway you walk down after you enter the front door.

Nate. Nick. Asshole.

I scoff quietly and he looks up. I duck quickly and listen. The stairs. Shit. I sprint to Lou's room and into his closet. I have no time to look for another spot because his door opens behind me. I hear him in the bathroom opening and closing cabinets. I groan in my head and feel the pills in my pocket. I hear the door open and he walks into the room and I hear him unscrew the vent.

Fuck my life bro.

I hear him walk down the hall and down the stairs. He's waiting. He didn't go down all the way. Shit. Shit. I look around and see a duffle bag. I grab it and throw some clothes in it with the pills on top. I open the closet door and look around his room. I grab the picture of him and Freddie and toss it in the bag. I take a deep breath and head for the stairs.