Chapter 1

Harry's POV

I wake up to a small blonde haired boy jumping up and down on top of me. I groan and try to swat him away but he laughs and jumps faster. I growl and grab him around the waist and toss him on the king size bed next to me.

"Haz!! It's pancake day!" Freddie squeals excitedly.

"I know. Shall we add fruit today?" I raise my eyebrows and he nods.

I stand up and he jumps on my back like we do this everyday...because now we do. Well at least on the weeks I have Freddie. It's been about a month now since I've come to live at Louis' place. It's homey but there's still a void. I know the lil man has questions but he doesn't know how to voice them.

We make it to the kitchen and I set him down at the counter as I make the pancakes. He turns on the music speaker and I pass him my phone to plug in. It may be Wednesday but just like every other morning he clicks on his dad's playlist on my Pandora. The music fills the kitchen and I start singing along as the blonde boy smiles widely.

"Is daddy coming home today?"

I place three blueberry pancakes in front of him and take a seat beside him. "Not sure bud. Don't you like hanging out with me?" I smirk at him and he giggles.

"Duh! You're my...Hazza!" He smiles and starts eating again. "I just miss dad and if he comes home you won't talk at night anymore."

I furrow my eyebrows as I eat my own breakfast then put the dishes in the dishwasher. "Talk at night?" I thought I'd been getting better. Apparently not.

He nods as he brings me his plate. "You say daddy's name a lot."

I sigh as I watch him go upstairs to get dressed. Routine. It's been a month and a half since I got the call. The first two weeks I spent at the hospital hoping I would see those piercing blue eyes again. The third week Lottie pulled me away and told me Briana needed someone to watch Freddie. It was quite the shock but I was quite literally hand picked by Louis.

I was quite surprised when Lottie told me. I still remember it perfectly. It was the first time Lottie has yelled at me.

****

"I'M HIS SISTER! Obviously since our mom is gone I would be the one to make decisions when he can't." I hear her voice as I approach the hallway I'm directed towards.

"Ma'am can we please bring this into a more private room?" I see the man in the suit when I turn the corner.

"I don't even understand why you are here! He doesn't need a lawyer now he's just in a coma. He needs a doctor."

"Lottie." I pull her attention from the man. "I...how is he?" She runs to me and I wrap my arms around her.

She sobs into my chest and holds me tighter. "Harry. He hasn't woken up. They don't tell me everything just the minimum and now this bloke showed up talking about Lou's wishes and crap."

I look at the man and he seems familiar. I can't put a name to his face but I think I've seen him before. I think he may have helped draw up some papers after the band broke up.

"Mr Styles. If I may have a word with you and Ms Tomlinson I can clear all this up?"

I nod and he leads us to a waiting room nearby. Of course given who is in the room on this floor we have pretty much the whole floor to ourselves. I sit down and Lottie sits next to me.

He clears his throat as he begins. "Mr Tomlinson's managers reached out to me after his accident. They needed to know how to proceed seeing as how he is in his condition. Typically it is the family that makes executive decisions and treatment decisions although my client has drawn up papers saying otherwise. Louis was very specific and took a long time to make these decisions after his son was born. He wanted to make sure Freddie was cared for and someone would make the same decisions for him that he himself would."