Chapter 8 ( Living on the edge )

Start from the beginning

"Well I don't live that close to school. And I don't have a car."

"How about a shortcut?"

"I don't know any?"

"But I do. Come on." He pulled me into an ally and kept walking.

I was scared. Allies day or night were scary.

"Sugar, are you scared?"

Damn I missed him.

"I hate allies. You got beaten into one, remember."

"Oh don't worry. As long I'm here you have nothing to worry about." He put his arm around me and I didn't push him away. I was actually starting to like it.

"So you will protect me?"

"Always..."

"Oh that's sweet."

I heard a voice but that wasn't J.D. We turned around to see three guys with their fists clenched. They looked dangerous. J.D put his arm away from my shoulder but I grabbed his hand as soon as it was down.

Fuck I'm scared. They are too many. Even for J.D. And then I saw Steven in the back. And next to him was the guy he talked to behind the bleachers.

"So what should we do with these love birds?"

J.D was ready to fight but I didn't want to let him do it. He could get hurt. There could be a mess and all of us could end up in the hospital...or in a morgue. Fuck, I am too young to die.

I need to do something. Like a ....distraction. Yes that's it. In the books there is always a person that distracts. What should the distraction be...?

"Hey I know you!"

I yelled looking at Steven and the other guy.

"I go to the same school with you or have you forgotten how you almost cried." Steven decided to play tough.

"I wasn't talking about you. The guy next to you. I know him." I glared at the guy who was obviously surprised. Or was he?

"Julie, what are you doing?" J.D whispered.

"Of course you know me. You decided to interfere that night when I was beating the shit out of your friend here." I looked at J.D. He looked worried. That's how I knew the guy. I saw him that day. It was him that was punching J.D while he was on the ground. I suddenly felt angry. I wanted him to pay for what he did to him.

"I have seen you in school." I started braver. "You were talking to Steven."

"My, my. You have eyes everywhere kid." He smiled at me. I felt sick.

"Aren't you bothered he calls you an asshole?" I glared at the guy and then Steven. He looked confused.

"How do you mean he calls me..." I stopped him. The plan was working.

"After you left he cursed and called you all kinds of names. I think you pissed him off."

He turned his head over to Steven. I knew there wasn't a lot of time until they figure out what I was doing. They weren't dumb.

"Prepare to run." I whispered at J.D.

"So you call me names?"

"The little bitch is lying?" Steven yelled.

"I have no reason to lie. I might just state the facts before you kill me." I tried to sound logical and it worked. Thank you god for my lawyer parents. Who knew that a lawyer parent could be useful? All of those court trials I visited it paid off.