I strolled in, and to my surprise, Hunter was here as well, doing her work. Smiling, I sat in my assigned seat next to her.

"Girl, what the hell you doing here so early?" She chuckled to herself, shaking her head,

"Bitch...trying to graduate with decent grades," Hunter responded in a knowing tone. "I ain't been in this damn class in weeks; don't know what the hell been going on." I laughed, getting my things out as well.

"Crunch time is something serious-"

"Shit, tell me about it." We both sighed. "Luckily I did most of my missing stuff over the weekend, so it's not too bad." I glanced at her with knit eyebrows,

"You did school work on our trip?" She smiled, looking down a bit.

"It was the last night of us being there and look, Tina made me okay!" I laughed at her playful defense. "I told her how behind I was, especially in this class, and she was like 'oh uh uh,'" she imitated her girlfriend, rolling her neck and tuning her lips up. It made me giggle before proudly gazing at her.

"I remember you swearing up and down that relationships wasn't for you..." Hunter glanced at me with red cheeks. "Now look at you," I said.

"Yeah, it's crazy the way things have changed since the beginning of the year...for all of us really." Smiling to myself, I faced my laptop again, reminiscing. "Like I didn't speak to any of y'all besides Lauren at first, and now we're like this big ass friend group that I don't want to leave."

"I know right, I'm gonna cry when you guys leave."

She turned to me. "You're staying in Florida for college?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Dylan doesn't know that I know about his full ride scholarship to UMiami. And I know how much he wants to go-"

"He's probably just afraid to discuss it with you-"

"I know, but little does he know, I got accepted there too, scholarship and all. And I've never been too particular about what school I went to, so I thought why not just go together," I shrugged. Hunter smiled,

"That's so cute! And I heard King and Si are going to the same school as well, which I'm glad to hear."

"I know right, I couldn't imagine those two without each other now." There was a pause before I asked, "so what about you?" Hunter dreaded a sigh,

"I'm really not sure. Tina's attending medical school here, which had always been her plan. But I got accepted into NYU, and I think I want to go." I gasped a bit, raising my eyebrows,

"Oh so you'll be up there with Sade?!" A toothless grin crept onto her face,

"Yeah....that's if she even goes..."

"Oh honey she's going." I gave her a knowing look. "She's freaking out now, but she's going. I'm making sure of it." My tone held full confidence.

Hunter smiled, then it faded a bit. At first I wondered why, but then I realized....

"I'm sorry you two have to split," I said with utmost sympathy. My heart hurt for her. I knew she'd fallen hard for Tina in these last few months. "Are you not doing long distance?" I asked after a subtle silence,

"I'm not sure yet, but no, I don't think so," she shook her head. "We've been putting off talking about it for as long as possible....because if we talk about it, that makes it real." Hunter's head dropped as her voice grew soft. "And I don't want it to be real."

Feeling extremely bad for my friend, and even bringing it up, I reached a hand over to hold hers for comfort. She squeezed it tight.

"I'm sorry babes."