Breaking News..

*Lilly's POV*

I woke up, still in my wolf form. I felt warm, safe, and like electricity was coursing down my back. I savored the feeling of pure bliss.

Wait! Warm, safe, comfortable, electricity... Oh no! I opened my eyes and looked around. I didn't recognize this place. Where was I? I looked behind me, and there was James , sleeping peacefully. I should've known he'd come for me. But, perhaps its for the best like Sadie said..

Speaking of stuff Sadie said, I looked at my abdomen. Sure, it was slightly bloated, but I didn't look pregnant. I didn't feel pregnant. Yet, my wolf would know way before i would. I liked my stomach, and it exploded with little jitters. It felt like someone was popping popcorn in there. I suppose I should tell my mate the news, and now was as good of time as any.

I nudged his chest with my snout. Nothing.. I clawed his chest with my nails.. Nothing.. I licked his face from top to bottom. Still nothing.. I growled in his ear. Nothing! What the hell?! So, as an act of desperation, I bit him on his neck/ shoulder. The same place he'd bit me to claim me. That got his attention!

"What the hell Lilly?!"

"You wouldn't wake up." I linked him.

"Sorry. I was tired. I had a lot to take in."

"I know.. But, we need to talk." He remained silent, waiting for me to continue. "I'll shift. It'll make it easier."

"No! You can't shift!"

I looked at him completely dumbfounded. "Why can't I?"

"Lilly, you're pregnant."

"I know.. That's what i wanted to talk to you about.. Hey, how did you know, and why can't I shift?"

"When I found you, you were close to the Silver Moon border and unconscious. Sofie and Silas strapped you to my back, and I brought you here, to the pack doctor. He did a few exams and tests, then determined you were just in shock. So, I asked from what. He showed me an ultrasound of your belly, and seven little pups. The shock consumed me as well. I came to about an hour before you, and that's when the doctor told me you couldn't shift back. If you do, you risk harming yourself, and at least one, if not all the pups."

Seven pups? I was going to have seven pups? No, that couldn't be right! Two, three, maybe even four, but seven was unheard of!

"Lilly! Are you with me?"

My ears perked up, so he'd know i was listening. But, the thought of having seven pups was still baffling me.

"I love you Lilly."

"I love you too." I linked with him. "How is this possible? How can I be having seven pups James?"

"I don't know Lilly. Maybe because you're the daughter of a Beta, and I'm an Alpha. Maybe because you're the first red wolf in a century. I really don't know. But, I do know that every single one of those pups is a blessing from the Moon Goddess herself, and we will love them all."

"I know." I hesitated for a moment. "But, will you still love me?"

"Of course I'll still love you Lillian! I will always love you. What kind of silly question is that?"

"I'm serious James. I won't be able to be human for at least sixty-three more days, and even then, I'll have to be a wolf to nurse them all. They'll be wolves for three months before they change into humans. How could you possibly still love me knowing that?"

"Lilly, I love you. Not just your human side. Not just your wolf side. I love all of you. You're my mate, and you're giving me the most wonderful gift a man could ask for."

"But, how will we be together? How will we kiss, or hug, or cuddle, or talk? I can't even make your meals. I'm virtually useless!"

"Stop it! No more of that nonsense. We will be fine Lillian, and if it'll make you feel better, I'll shift into my wolf with you every chance i get."

A small whimper escaped my lips. "I love you James. My James. My mate."

"I love you too my beautiful Lilly. Will you be ok for a while? I need to go tend to the pack, and let them know, there may be war."

I whined. I didn't want him to leave, but i inclined my head anyway. The pack needs their Alpha too.

After James left, Sadie scolded me. "How could you ask such things? He is our mate. He will always love us!"

"I know that Sadie, but what if the pups aren't his? What will he do then?"

Sadie growled lowly. "You must not speak or think of such things. These pups are ours."

"How can you be so sure?" I snapped.

"I can't Lilly. Not til their born and I smell them." She whimpered.

"Neither can I. We can only hope Sadie."

"And hope we shall."

I sighed and resigned myself to sleep.

__________________________________________

*James's POV*

I had just left Lilly. I was walking to the pack house. I hadn't asked the pack to assemble yet. I needed a moment to think first. So, I slumped down by favorite old oak tree.

"Logan?" I linked my wolf..

"Seven pups James. Sadie is distraught."

"She's probably thinking the same thing as me.. It kills me to even think it Logan, but what if the pups belong to Brian?"

"Then we will love them and raise them as our own! She is our mate, and those pups are ours." He growled.

"Can we do that Logan? Would you not want to kill the pups the same way we killed that bastard?"

"Would i want to? Absolutely. But, they are still our mate's as well, and doing so would hurt her. I'll never do anything to intentionally harm her."

"Nor will I, but i guess we'll see in a couple of months."

Feeling better, I pushed myself up and called to the pack. They would meet me there.

I stood at the front, waiting for everyone to assemble before I began my speech.

"You've all said you would gladly fight for your Luna. I'm holding you to that. You're all aware that she tried to go back. She thought if she did, it would be better for everyone. Well, now we have to show her how wrong she was. We will defeat Silver Moon and protect our Luna, and your future Alpha!"

"Future Alpha?" Someone in the crowd asked.

"Yes, your future Alpha. You're Luna is with pups. So, now more than ever, we must protect her!"

Everyone bowed their heads in recognition, and I let Silas take it from there. I had to get back to my dear sweet Lilly.

~~~~~~*A/N- sorry, this seems more like a filler, and in a way it is, but i needed to write it. plus, my sister just had her baby, and my 3D ultrasound for my new baby is this Thursday. so, I'm a little baby crazy. lol! As always, please vote and comment. It means the world to me, and it helps me gauge your reactions!