CHAPTER 54

A week later
-Oh gosh that was the best road trip ever- Elaine says as she gets out of the car.

-It was!! Even though I broke my wrist it was the best present ever, thank you guys- I say as Chase hugs me.

He kisses my forehead and brings me closer.

-So are y'all official now?- Rudy asks- I never really understood what was going on between you two.

We both laugh- we are just letting it flow- chase says as I nod.

We keep chatting for a little while and we finally say our goodbyes.

-God I couldn't keep pretending you aren't the love of my life- Chase says as we get inside the lake house.

-I loved the trip, thank you, it was the best present ever, I love you- I say pecking his lips.

-I love you too and as much as I wanna lay down in bed with you and don't get out ever, we have to go and get some groceries.

That makes me groan- ugh you ruined it- I say as we head to the car.

When we arrive to Walmart we grab a shopping cart and start putting things inside it.
-I could get used to this- I say.

-To what?- he asks me as we keep walking.

-To living on the middle of a lake- I say giggling- haven't you thought of moving out to a... I dunno busier area?

-I can't believe what you are saying- he says laughing- my family literally offers you this house for free and the first thing that comes into your mind is to move out? Maddie this was my grandma's house I'm not leaving anywhere.

-I'm sorry- I say- I was being ungrateful I'm sorry.

-It's okay- he says. Then he suddenly looks to his left and yells- oh my god!

I immediately see him running to a group of people, they looked his age and they all turned in shock as they saw him- chase!!!- they all yell.

I didn't recognize them so I just stood awkwardly there, when the majority of them leave, I see that he is still talking closely with a girl and as soon as she sees me she says- oh! You must be the famous maddie! Chase can't stop talking about you.

I smile as I walk to them, I put my arm around his waist and he tries to put it away.

-She is Natalie, an old friend of mine- he says.

-And all friend? we used to date the times when he broke up with xio but then he would get back with her and then she'd make him block me.

-Oh- I say.

-It's really good that he's got a best friend like you by his side, you have really made him realize how Xio was not worth it- she says smiling.

-Yeah, he's much better without her now.

She nods- that means that you can unblock me now Chase, maybe we can go back and be like the old times? We used to have so much fun together.

-What do you mean like the old times?- he says smiling. The kind of smirk he put on his face whenever he wanted to flirt with someone.

Here we go back again.

-You know exactly what I meant- she says getting closer at him before he stops and says- Maddie can you go and grab some ices please?

Was he for real?
I didn't want to cause a scene so I just nodded and left.
Well, I just stood behind some food and watched them, I could hear them very slightly.

-Oh god you could have been more cautious with her- she says as she goes and hugs him.
I can perfectly see him grabbing her ass.
She was tall and brunette, she was wearing a black overall that got a zip all over it.
The problem? The zip was not zipped at all so you could obviously see her boobs trying to come out.