Then, Asher came running towards me and jumping into my arms. I held him and looked at him before seeing him smile at me.

"Where you going?"

"I'm going to hang out with a friend." I said.

"The new one?" He said, making me nod. "I wanna meet them!"

"You will."

Asher looks at me for a moment. "Bring them over, please." He held my face. "Please, Aunt Remi."

"I will, booger. I promise."

After I placed him down, he ran away and I said my goodbyes to Kate as I walked out of the door. I heard her tell me to have a good time, but all I did was roll my eyes.

My nerves were shot though cause I didn't like churches, and I had a pretty bad experience with them when I was younger, so I never went back to one.

That day I went to grab something for Mason, was the last time I was hoping to go, which I was completely wrong.

Amaya was definitely changing me in ways that I didn't even know cause I'm a little curious about the Bible, but then again when I'm not around her, I don't care about it.

It's weird.

As I was driving, I tried calming my nerves as I was reaching Amaya's house quicker. I pulled into her driveway before parking, and stared at the house before getting out.

I walked to the front door, then knocked and waited for Alina to answer the door.

The door opened after a moment, and Alina smiled at me before inviting me inside. I nodded at her as I saw her in a dress, which made me look like I needed to change.

But thankfully, my sister came through, and let me borrow one of her shirts that I didn't mind wearing, but it looked a little too gay to be wearing at a church.

"You look cute." Alina said as I was following her to the living room.

"Thanks." I said as I looked around for Amaya. "Where's Amaya?"

Alina smiled at me before stopping. "She's getting ready. The church services don't start until nine, but Amaya likes to go there early to help everyone."

I nod as I looked around before looking back at her. "I haven't went in years."

"Amaya said you didn't believe."

She looks at me as I nod, then I looked away to avoid eye contact. "Yeah.." I looked around the living room before Alina excused herself and left.

My hands were shaking, and my knees were sweating in these pants. I tried calming myself down but nothing was helping cause I was nervous as hell.

Churches never were something I liked cause of the people. They all criticize everyone, and I never did like it.

Then there was the painful experience I had the last time I went that made me dislike it even more.

Something about them makes my skin crawl, and I knew it had something to do with sin.

But what I'm curious about is Amaya.

She believes and goes to church, but yet she's into me. I want to know how to thinks about that, and how she manages to keep going to church after everything.

Then, I want to know if her church knows her sexuality and if they're ok with it, which I find hard to believe if they are.

It makes no sense, but I guess today I'll have the answers.

Hopefully.

As I was looking around, I saw the bookshelf then walked towards it. I noticed there were a lot of different books, and it made me curious as to how much she reads.