The Tree

Octavia POV

" Are you sure your ok?" I ask eyeing River's leg. He used his belt to conceal the knife wound Kaylaya left.

" Yea, it's not even that deep." River dismissively says. " I could still run couldn't I?"

" Yea, I guess."

" So I'm fine." He snaps. He takes a breath. " Sorry."

I give him a smile standing up. How didn't we hear them, now we lost Wiress.

Johanna was tending to Cal. Brutus got his leg pretty good. A sponsor came almost instantly when me and River went after the pair.

It healed his leg almost instantly, but he still has a limp, and it hurts according to him. But if he needs to move he could. He has mine and Johnna's belts on his leg keeping it somewhat stable.

Beetee was playing with the wire, he looked deep in thought as he played with it, his eyes watery. He was thinking of Wiress.

I sit down next to him, " Are you hungry? Or thirsty?"

He shakes his head, " No, thank you. I was just coming up with a plan."

" Yea?" For what?" I ask.

" There's 8 of us. Us, 2, and Chaff I calculated. Our biggest competition being 2."

" I think we can take them, they're outnumbered."

" We'll have a cost. Rumor has it Kaylaya doesn't miss." He says pushing up is glasses.

" Not if we target her first." This seems to amuse him. " I've known Brutus for years. You don't want to keep your eyes off of him for very long."

I sigh, " What are you thinking?"

He mentions the wire, also mentioning everyone to come over. " We're on the beach right?" He asks.

" Obviously." Johanna rolls her eyes.

He ignores her sarcasm going on. " So If I was Brutus and Kaylaya where would I be? They know the dangers of the jungle as well."

" They'd stay close to the beach. In case there was an attack." Cal says looking at Beetee for the answer.

He nods, " Indeed. That's where this comes in." He lifts the spool of wire.

" We go to the tree. Attach this and bring it back here. No doubt they'd come back out either to grab more from the Cornucopia, or try to take back the beach. We lay it in the sand."

He grabs the sand balling it. " Wet conducts electricity. This whole beach, water and Cornucopia will be electrified. Killing them."

I sit back astonished, " That works."

" What if they're still in the jungle?" Cal asks.

" Then we kill them there, they're outnumbered." River says. " Or we'll kick them out here."

" Kaylaya would know something was up." Johnna says. " She's smarter then that."

" What is she going to do? Follow us? Either fight to the death or go where we aren't." River counters.

" Either way, they're dying tonight." I say gladly.

River shares my excitement. " She will."

*******

Cato POV

I run my tongue over my teeth listening to their plan. I was livid but at peace Kaylaya and Brutus were there listening.

To every single word.

After the jabberjays they traveled back. Seeing the pack they planted themselves luckily able to listen. I see the red in both of their faces as the others talked but they stayed.