11

A lot of the mentors left after the newest victors were announced.

Me and Cato included. There was a type of urgency when he stood up walking out. He didn't do much, his movements were robotic even.

We got on one of the many elevators, he hits two before turning to me. " We're leaving right away, I don't want to be here when the rebellions break out."

I shifted from foot to foot a sense of uneasiness washes over me, I nodded before the elevator opened and we went in our room to grab what we wanted.

Neffy was already there, There were tear streaks on her proclaim white makeup. Though I don't think she was a fan of the kids completely she still cried.

" That was unexpected..all of it." She muttered. None of us are happy with the outcome and how they could just get away with it.

" I know." I give her a hug, which she returned with a couple sniffles.

" We're leaving right away." Cato says.

She sighs, " I'll go get someone to bring you to the train."

" Thank you Neffy." I say giving her a small smile.

She smiles at me walking out the door, I go to my room grabbing a couple items. I considered going by Hazel and Japers room, maybe there's something they brought that I should bring back.

But something stops me, I wasn't sad about them dying, though I feel bothered. She should've won. The careers should've won.

Why did she decide to ramble?

I shake the thought rummaging through everything before opening up my door, Cato was just about to come in when I opened it.

I take a breath, " Oh, sorry." He says, " You ready?"

" Yea. Neffy got someone for us?"

" Yea, they're waiting."

I take one last look around the room before I step out, I hear commotion coming from the window though it sounded like fighting and partying.

Cato heard it to, he grabbed my hand him leading me out. I didn't mind I'd rather not stay while riots are breaking out.

Neffy stood with a team of Peacekeepers, her face grave.

" Why don't you come with us?" I ask her.

She smiles, " I'll be fine here. You guys should go, before it gets to crazy."

" We'll see you soon Neff."

She nods, " Bring nicer ones next time."

I manage another smile, Cato takes my hand leading me again, the Peacekeepers escorting us back to the train.

Normally Peacekeepers don't acknowledge you, it's part of their training normally the only time they acknowledge you is when they're talking to you directly.

I noticed one of them constantly staring though I don't know if he was looking at me or Cato, or just in our direction.

I tried not to look to much, But Cato took notice making me change seats with him halfway through the ride.

When we boarded, the train made no haste leaving, that same Peacekeeper watching our train leave.

" What was his deal?" Cato commented glaring out the window at the Peacekeeper.

I shrug, " No idea, maybe he's still in training or something. Or he's just a poor Peacekeeper."

I hear a small chuckle from Cato before he turns around. That uneasiness was still lingering, Cato stares at me a moment longer " What?" He asks softly.