Why?

Plutarch POV

" She's good, smart to.. We need her Plutarch." Coin pushes. Why is she so set on have the girl from 2?

" How do you suppose I ask them to join us?" I say again frustration laced in my tone.

" Then don't give them an option, your Head Gamemaker. Show him the danger she could be in. If they refuse or threaten to tell Snow, they die. They'll join whoever to ensure the two of them come back safe." She says harshly.

********

Octavia POV

River took first watch.

I don't fully trust him, but enough to sleep, I know he's smart along with Lexi, you need allies in here. And considering the careers might want to kill him even more then they want to kill me..

He won't kill me and Cal in our sleep. We have enough time to make another plan or kill then ourselves, somehow.

" Wake me up if you feel tired ok?" I tell him, " They might be hunting."

He nods looking in a different direction. I lay by Cal, I could've lost him today, and that throughly terrified me.

He gave me a small smile as I laid down. " I'm glad your ok." I murmured.

He smiles, " Me too."

I could've told him much more, I wanted to apologize for all off this, but the Captiol doesn't serve to hear my apologies or use anything I say for their own entertainment.

It didn't take long for us to fall asleep. Some time later River shakes me awake. " Your ok to patrol?" He asks.

I nod. He gets up looking around one more time going over by Lexi. I sit where he was, you could see the whole view, perfect for spotting any and all movement.

I thought I'd be a little tired, but I was fully awake. The moon lights up the whole jungle almost clearly. If the careers are hunting they'd see us. Actually I'd see them first, but I had a feeling they're sleeping. By all the weapons a person could ask for.

Maybe we should've made a huge pack to kill them off right away, take the cornucopia. Why hasn't anyone tried that.

Why didn't we? Another thing to kick myself for.

Evangeline should've been in here, she would've had a lot better luck. But if she was and I was the one on the other side of the screen I'd wish I was in here.

I lean my head back on the cool bark, that seems to be the only thing in this forsaken jungle that can help with the fatigue.

I patrolled for a couple hours I think, so long the sky was just lighting. I heard rain somewhere, it sounded distant. Maybe that's how we get water in here.

It only lasted for about an hour or so.

I felt the air get cooler noticing fog forming from the far end of the arena. I didn't think much of it at first seeing that's what happens when cold meets warm.

But as I watch it more, something feels off about it. It clouds together rapidly, more of a wall. Some outreaches in swirls, nothing that looked natural.

I see as it comes closer, whatever it touches curls. Like when a chemical touches, the Peacekeepers would use something similar to kill any weeds by the edible plants in our district.

My eyes widen. " Guys! Wake up! Wake up!" I yell.

I stand, " Cal! River! Lexi!" I scream. River snaps awake grabbing his trident waiting to fight. He looks over rapidly, his eyes widen at the fog.