6

I go back to our chariot purposely ignoring Cato's look of intrigue.

" Keep your heads up, look around smile like you own the place and give a couple death glares if need be." Cato instructs as they get pulled away leaving us.

As soon as they go out to the crowd we go by the huge TV for all the mentors and escorts to watch. All the outfits were different this year, they pulled away from the representation of each district, it was to 'old' now having whatever will bring the most attention.

I was surprised not to see Neffy or Elsie this whole while, maybe they were there when I was with Finnick. I kept my eyes on the screen but I can feel Cato's on mine.

" What Cato?" I say still looking at the screen.

" What did you talk to Finnick about? You were eager to walk away."

I shrugged, " Making sure we won't have any problems."

" That's all? I know theres more to that."

I turn looking at him, " What do you want to know?"

" How did that conversation start."

" The same how this started, he asked why I was walking with him."

" And you said?"

" I said... I don't want trouble. I know it's not fun being here year after year, I don't want to fight. And I apologized."

" What did you have to apologize for, you didn't do anything Kaylaya."

" I just felt bad... When Celeste brought them back to the Capitol."

Cato laughs, " They deserved it, River attacked you."

" All good now. Now can I actually watch the parade?"

He gives me an annoyed look before his eyes go back on the screen, thank goodness.

I didn't see much competition besides the careers, all of them were basic. The only thing that caught my eye in the parade was the wardrobe of 12.

They've always been alright, nothing fancy in my opinion, but this is year it was different. They took the whole show when they reached the middle of the way their outfits started on fire.

" That's one way to steal the spotlight, their stylists really out did themselves." I mention slightly turning my body to Cato.

" They have a new stylist. The other one died I guess." Cato whispered.

Aelin died? She was only a couple years older then us.

I turn, " Really? Who is it?"

Cato points at a darker skinned man, who was standing by Neffy and Elsie-no- Neffy and Elsie made the effort to stand by him.

He was plain, but in a elegant way. He had on more laid back clothes with gold light makeup. I liked it.

" Cinna is his name I guess. Evie introduced us when you were with Finnick."

" I guess I need to talk to her, and him. Maybe he can give Elsie some style again."

Both me and Cato chuckle as all the tributes come racing back, I could see the steam coming from all the careers as they drew nearer.

" Did you see that!" Hazel hissed pulling at her puffed out collar.

" They stole all the attention, they're going to pay for that." Jasper mumbled.

" Don't get your panties in a bunch princess." Cato joked though Jasper didn't think it was humerous.

Finally Neffy and Elsie decided to join us, they were both talking about how nice they all looked when I noticed Hazel's eyes glued on someone.