Chapter 15

Sonic was on the beach relaxing when a flicky flew and landed on his foot.

Sonic: Hey there. Taking a rest? Thats cool. Pretty much what I'm doing too. Its been a wild past few months.As much as I like adventuring, I like to kick back and relax afterwards too. Everyone else? Not so much. Amy's gone back to helping others. She's apart of something called the "restoration". Knuckles is back on angel island guarding the master emerald. Silver is out looking for some looming doom threatening the future. Tails is keeping busy with one of his projects. And finally Y/n, the girl that I fell in love with. She's been off training with team dark so she can get stronger and become less clumsy. She's gotten way stronger I can tell you that, she's gain some muscles and god dang it makes her look attractive.[blushes] Especially when she's sweaty and in her training clothes. When she hugs me she has to watch her strength cause last time I think I broke a rib. 

Sonic smiles.

Sonic: I told them they could take it easy. Eggman is "retired", Metal Sonic is de-weaponized, and everything is cool. When I'm telling people to slow down you know something is wrong-haha!

All of a sudden Tails and Y/n came out of nowhere and yelled at Sonic in a panic which ended up scaring the flicky.

Tails and Y/n:[in a panic] Sonic we think something is wrong!

 Sonic: Jinxed it.

Tails hands a piece of paper to Sonic.

Tails: Take a look at this!

Sonic:[reads the paper] You are cordially invited to a welcome back party in windmill village  to celebrate the return of the world's most brilliant Doctor. Where did this come from?

Tails: It just appeared in my workshop. Its pretty spooky honestly.

Y/n: He grabbed me before I could go to my training lessons. 

Sonic: This wording doesn't sit right with me, either. This really sounds like eggman...

Tails: But he's gone, sort of- right? You guys and the chaotix confirmed he'd lost his memory and became a kindly mechanic. 

Sonic:[stands up] Yup, "Mr. Tinker". 

Sonic looks at the paper.

Sonic: So did he recover? Or did he manage to fool us all? Maybe there's another angle...?

Y/n: And worst of all, will Shadow get to say he told us so?

Sonic snickered at Y/n's joke.

Tails: This could be serious! Let's look into it right away! You left doctor- I mean Mr. Tinker in windmill village right?

Sonic lifts up Y/n which surprises her. Y/n blushes at the position they were in.

Sonic: Right. We need to gather some things from Y/n's house. First.

Sonic prepares runs off.

Sonic:[smirks] C'mon buddy We'll race ya there!

Sonic runs off with Tails close behind him.

Elsewhere

Dr. Eggman was singing in his lab.

Dr. Eggman:[singing these words] Doo-Doo-Doo! Getting fresh data sets! Dee- Dee-Dee! Going to conquer the world! Da-Da-Da!

Starline comes in through a portal.

Dr. Starline: Sonic has been bated, as per your instructions, doctor.